FINALLY . . . it's finished!

DakeDravis

So, today I finally finished my new build. I would love to have some honest feedback! Specs and pictures are below.

Case: Corsair High Airflow 540 (It's Cube-iful)

CPU: i7 6700K 

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Formula 

GPU: EVGA 980 TI SC w/Stock cooler (Now featuring a sexy new backplate!)

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16 GB (2x8) 

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX

PSU: Corsair HX1000i (Yes, overkill, but I couldn't resist.)

SSD: Samsung 950 Pro M.2 256 GB

HD: Western Digital Black 1 TB

Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2

Fan Placement: 3 Corsair AF120's in the front panel, 4 Corsair SP120's on the H100i GTX on the top of the case sporting a push/pull configuration, 1 Corsair AF140 as the rear exhaust.

I would have included a picture of the back of the case where the PSU lies . . . but I thought I would spare you the horror of seeing what I did to those cables.

20160220_183629.jpg

20160220_181219.jpg

very nice, maybe take photos with a camera rather than a nokia (you said be honest ;))

Love that Dominator ram! Also have you considered mounting the case on its side? I Love horizontal boards

Enjoy that rig!

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

looks good although i am not a big fan of the case with the parts you purchased personally i would have allocated a little more to a prettier case but other than that it looks good 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 hours ago, stealth80 said:

very nice, maybe take photos with a camera rather than a nokia (you said be honest ;))

Love that Dominator ram! Also have you considered mounting the case on its side? I Love horizontal boards

Enjoy that rig!

Haha! I actually have an S6 Edge, it's just the glass frame for the camera lens is busted. Gotta get a new one soon. Also, I haven't considered that, although it sounds extremely intriguing . . . one problem though, the fan for the PSU would be covered up! D:

3 hours ago, DEcobra11 said:

Corsair fanboy, eh? :P

Anyway, are you planning SLI in the future for that beast?

I guess you could say that . . . just went with what I had read was the best! And actually I could potentially SLI another TI, but I'm not too sure I'd need to for a bit.

3 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

looks good although i am not a big fan of the case with the parts you purchased personally i would have allocated a little more to a prettier case but other than that it looks good 

But . . . it's cube-iful . . . 

3 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Is there a disco party going on inside your case judging by all the LEDs LOL.

What can I say . . . computer parts deserve to have fun too!