IDR15Million/USD1112 Build for Video Editing and Gaming

I want to build a PC because ACER Aspire 4755G i3-2310M  from years before not enough to handle the job

Hey should I choose the 6700k or 6700?
Suggestions are welcome, spec listed in the pictures
Price in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR)

Thanks you very much

Rakit 6.jpg

Rakit 5.png

get an i5 and a better GPU.

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

If this is for Gaming then get an i5 and a 970. If this is for editing and such then stick with the i7.

Also, you should not get an unlocked CPU with a B150 chipset mobo. It really won't help since you won't be able to overclock your processor for what it's meant for.

Get a 6700 with H170 or B150 and a 6700K with a Z170

Hardcore Hardware Whore | Check out my Blog for for Latest Tech News and more | Cricket Fan | Weapons Nut | 

4 minutes ago, abhigyan001 said:

If this is for Gaming then get an i5 and a 970. If this is for editing and such then stick with the i7.

Also, you should not get an unlocked CPU with a B150 chipset mobo. It really won't help since you won't be able to overclock your processor for what it's meant for.

Get a 6700 with H170 or B150 and a 6700K with a Z170

The only games I have played with my laptop were Dota 2 and Dreamfall Chapters and its fps are very horrible because it thermal throttles a lot. I haven't played other games.
So yeah basically the main purpose is using Adobe Premiere, After Effects and 3dsmax

First thing you are comparing 17 K Vs i7 non K, But your configuration don't give any advantage to K series except base clock. Advantage K series is it has unlocked multiplier so you can do multiplier based Over clocking and they include O.C in warranty in case you damage your K series CPU. But non K don't have unlocked multiplier and O.C is not included in warranty. But for O.C you also need a chip set that support O.C feature. In Intel case it is normally Z series chip set ( X series only in case of 5th gen). By buying B150 with K series CPU you are wasting money because you are throwing away the real feature of K series.

If you are not going to O.C

Only for gaming: i5 non K; any chip set that suits your feature like B150 , Z170, H170, H110

Video editing:i7 non K; any chip set that suits your feature like B150 , Z170, H170, H110

If you are going to O.C

Only for gaming: i5 K;  Z170,

Video editing:i7  K; Z170

1 minute ago, amit523dutta said:

First thing you are comparing 17 K Vs i7 non K, But your configuration don't give any advantage to K series except base clock. Advantage K series is it has unlocked multiplier so you can do multiplier based Over clocking and they include O.C in warranty in case you damage your K series CPU. But non K don't have unlocked multiplier and O.C is not included in warranty. But for O.C you also need a chip set that support O.C feature. In Intel case it is normally Z series chip set ( X series only in case of 5th gen). By buying B150 with K series CPU you are wasting money because you are throwing away the real feature of K series.

If you are not going to O.C

Only for gaming: i5 non K; any chip set that suits your feature like B150 , Z170, H170, H110

Video editing:i7 non K; any chip set that suits your feature like B150 , Z170, H170, H110

If you are going to O.C

Only for gaming: i5 K;  Z170,

Video editing:i7  K; Z170

Yeah the configuration doesn't give any advantage to K series because of the budget limit :)
I think I am not overclocking anything, just want a stable PC in the long run