GTX 960 issue

Hello, I just bought the msi GTX 960 (2GB) and in battlefield 4 on nvidia's benchmark and what I've seen from youtube I'm getting like half of what they are fps-wise, for example people get the same fps as me in battlefield 4 on high settings and I'm playing on low settings, in CS: GO I can't get 100 fps on high settings while some people get 300 fps in CS: GO on high settings, I've reinstalled the drivers and all that, I'm playing on 1080p, I do have a 120Hz monitor, AMD FX 6300 CPU, ASUS M5A78L-LE motherboard, 6GB of Transcend 1333MHz and a 500W FSP PSU, any suggestions are welcome.

I'm not sure the CPU and the RAM aren't unnder heavy load while playing so I don't think that's the issue but it could be.

Try over clocking by like 2mhz then try playing. The factory over clock might of stuffed up the gpu a little bit

I currently use a GTX 960 2gb (Because I'm a cheap guy) and its paired with a i7 6700 CPU.

A while back I used a FX 6300 with the same GPU but I have not had such low FPS. In all honestly I would have no idea what causes your FPS to be so bad, You may have a faulty GPU?

Wow this was old as heck, Need to update this signature!

I've tried overclocking it a lot and a little and nothing really helped but I can try by just 2MHz.

ram utilisation? cpu utilisation? gpu utilisation?
is there any softwares running in the background?

try use MSI afterburner or something similar to monitor things

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

I've tried overclocking it a lot and a little and nothing really helped but I can try by just 2MHz.

Measure what your usage for CPU,GPU are using MSI afterburner.

I've measured using this tool from IObit that company which makes antivirus things, my CPU is around 60% and the RAM doesn't get over like 60%.

Just now, dome3731 said:

Wait, how do I use msi afterburner monitoring in game?

you just turn it on and run your games, then alt-tab or close the game and look at the graphs

additional info: my 970 was under-clocking itself for few times after it crashed from a failed overclock, that might be your issue

1 minute ago, TheCODclown25 said:

Hey, did you try my idea

11 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

I have GTX 960 2GB (ASUS strix version), paired with Intel Core i5 4690k and im getting about 80FPS in BF4, my Friend has same GTX 960 but with 4GB paired with FX6100, he is getting about 65-70FPS so I would say its CPU Bottleneck

the GPU usage is around 50% but it jumped to 90% a few times, CPU at like 60% and it got upto 50 degrees, so maybe the CPU is getting too hot?

Guys, he has an awesome cpu, the fx 6300 and it has six cores so it can't be cpu bottle neck

@dome3731 I have Custom preset, everything is on ultra except Ambient Oclusion and MSAA, im using 2x MSAA, I also like to turn VSYNC to lock my fps to 60 because i have 60Hz monitor

1 minute ago, dome3731 said:

the GPU usage is around 50% but it jumped to 90% a few times, CPU at like 60% and it got upto 50 degrees, so maybe the CPU is getting too hot?

meaning the game is not fully utilizing the gpu
and 50 celcius is fine, i myself consider 75 degrees and above to be hot for gpu and cpu

did u try restarting your computer after installing the drivers?

can u try re-installing the game?
or u can disable services other than microsoft's and run the game, see if that helps.

2 minutes ago, dome3731 said:

I'm thinking that I might've gotten a bad GPU.

Try doing DDU then reinstall Nvidia Drivers?