help with R7 240

compac2011

First let me start out with I know the R7 240 in NOT a good card I have seen the linus tech tips video. But I have a problem my AMD R7 240 card will randomly stop working and I get a notification saying that my display driver has stop working and has recovered. any help is appreciated.

1 minute ago, compac2011 said:

First let me start out with I know the R7 240 in NOT a good I have seen the linus tech tips video. But I have a problem me card will randomly stop working and I get a notification saying that my display driver has stop working and has recovered. any help is appreciated.

Drivers up to date? Power Cable plugged properly? HDMI/DVI Plugged Properly?

All No? Have you try reinstalling Windows and a fresh copy of the drivers?

Still No? Can you RMA the card?

check all hardware cables and make sure it is seated well. in fact turn off power use one hand to hold metal frame and other to re seat the gpu. uninstall the gpu driver and re install the driver after a re start. download hardware monitor and put the cpu under load and check the temps against stated gpu temp specs. there is a passive cool and a fan model of that card i think. if it is over 90c i would clean it and re seat it again if ypu do all that and nothing fixes it this is what you need to do....

remove your gpu from the PC. dig in your pocket and find a very reflective quarter. the more it shines the better? take that quarter and carefully so that it does not make contact with any of the soldered contacts tape the quarter up to the under side of the card right at the edge of the cooling fins. make sure the tape is very secure. now walk outside. with all the might your arms can muster throw the gpu over the nearest cliff. you will have lost a quarters value