Fan noise

username_

So, i got an i5 3570K some years ago, never had other cooler than the original one from Intel. With the time it started to make very loud noise so i got the Cryorig H7 today and installed it.

Result? It gives me almost the same noise, loud, like the fan is always in top speed.

Temps are fine tho.

Spoiler

tuB9l9K.png

Kinda disappointed right now

Set your own CPU fan curves. My computer has the same fans for my Cryorig radiator, and its fantastic. They are quiet at 5 volts, alright at 7 and too much at 12.

1500RPM+ is going to be loud, and with a heat sink so big and a fan so big, it really shouldn't need such a high RPM.

You can probably check MSI Command center (If you have an MSI board) or the equivalent and see the fan curve, or just check BIOS.

At least the fan is keeping your temperatures incredibly low, it shouldnt take long to configure the fan curve. and like I said, MSI command center does this automatically with its own tune!

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

Holy!!! I feel dumb now, didn't knew about this. Really don't know what triggered this to be always at high RPM's though.

I downloaded Speedfan and lowered the RPM's and oh boy! what a feeling!

I should be okay with the Intel one since this was the problem lol but oh well... Cryorig will give me better temps when i overclock it anyway :)

Thanks Coups!

Btw, what RPM's do you recommend? I don't have MSI motherboard, kinda noob at reading these numbers (volts, etc)

8 minutes ago, username_ said:

Holy!!! I feel dumb now, didn't knew about this. Really don't know what triggered this to be always at high RPM's though.

I downloaded Speedfan and lowered the RPM's and oh boy! what a feeling!

I should be okay with the Intel one since this was the problem lol but oh well... Cryorig will give me better temps when i overclock it anyway :)

Thanks Coups!

Btw, what RPM's do you recommend? I don't have MSI motherboard, kinda noob at reading these numbers (volts, etc)

Well I'm not sure what RPM you would want to use, but honestly I wouldn't recommend using speed fan to deal with CPU temperature. if you dont have an MSI motherboard I believe you can install MSI Command center anyway. My radiator has two of these fans (they look the same anyway) so my fans dont even need to be on when idling because the radiator is pretty big and it passively cools itself. the RPM all depends on the size of the  fan and heat sink. the more RPM's the more airflow.

Volts is the amount of power going into the fans. my case measures the speed of the fan by giving it more or less voltage, therefore speeding it up or down. Like throttle on a car, the more you give, the faster you go.

I downloaded my MSI command center off http://www.userdrivers.com/Motherboard/MSI-Command-Center-1-0-0-48-for-Windows-7-8-8-1-x86-x64/download/

It looks a bit sketchy but it worked for me and my anti-virus hasn't flagged anything up, but I'd recommend scanning it anyway.

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

I tried it but it doesn't work:

AdNLg0y.png

I have ASRock motherboard, installed the "AXTU - The All-in-1 Tuning Software" but it doesn't do nothing, really. 

In Speedfan it gives me the "Automatic fan speed":

moN7tmB.png

Should i go for that?

I feel like this should increase/decrease it automatically like yours do and depending on the resources needed, but apparently they don't, kinda weird.

5 minutes ago, username_ said:

I tried it but it doesn't work:

-snip

I have ASRock motherboard, installed the "AXTU - The All-in-1 Tuning Software" but it doesn't do nothing, really. 

In Speedfan it gives me the "Automatic fan speed":

-snip-

Should i go for that?

I feel like this should increase/decrease it automatically like yours do and depending on the resources needed, but apparently they don't, kinda weird.

You can give it a go, but from my experience the automatic thing hasn't made a difference. Give MSI after-burner a try, Im 90% sure that it works with any motherboard.

https://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

Isn't that for the GPU tho?

And yep, the auto option on Speedfan does nothing as well

btw i have this on BIOS

EwlAYAJ.jpg

i set it to Level 1 though. not sure if it's okay

GMGn3AN.png

10 minutes ago, username_ said:

btw i have this on BIOS

EwlAYAJ.jpg

i set it to Level 1 though. not sure if it's okay

GMGn3AN.png

I dont know how to use BIOS so I cant really help you on that. MSI afterburner is for both CPU and GPU I believe. I linked a tutorial.

Yea, i saw it but it only works with the GPU

Going to play a bit with the BIOS settings and see what it brings up

Thanks for help Coups

7 hours ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

I dont know how to use BIOS so I cant really help you on that. MSI afterburner is for both CPU and GPU I believe. I linked a tutorial.

Afterburners fan control and OC stuff is only for GPUs. You can still use it to monitor CPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@username_ I'd suggest you finding a better way than Speedfan, was using that for a while but it would just stop working and fan speed wouldn't change, you also add crap you don't need. Doing it in the BIOS would be better.

To bring your PC to full load use Prime95 or OCCT.

I am the one who knocks.