Monitor ptoblem?

D4rk_beowulf

I got a dell u3415w, I'm running it with two zotac 980 ti amp extreme. Everything looks great and performence is good. However, I have noticed how when looking to the sky in games or in dark colors there is some kind of little red waves moving around the area. What is it? They dont show on images or videos, only on video games.

Is there something wrong with the monitor or video card? I haved try to take pictures of it but is really difficult to get them on camera. Any ideas?

RMA! RMA!

21 minutes ago, D4rk_beowulf said:

I got a dell u3415w, I'm running it with two zotac 980 ti amp extreme. Everything looks great and performence is good. However, I have noticed how when looking to the sky in games or in dark colors there is some kind of little red waves moving around the area. What is it? They dont show on images or videos, only on video games.

Is there something wrong with the monitor or video card? I haved try to take pictures of it but is really difficult to get them on camera. Any ideas?

It's not normal I also own this monitor myself and just went to check and no signs of it and the chance of getting a bad panel with this monitor is really slim also. I would mostly like just rma the monitor.

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

35 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

It's not normal I also own this monitor myself and just went to check and no signs of it and the chance of getting a bad panel with this monitor is really slim also. I would mostly like just rma the monitor.

I just notice that when the refresh rate is lower they dissapear. I set up the refresh rate to 50hz and they dont show.  

Since you have this monitor, did you get any aditional cables? Are you using the ones that came with the monitor? Fo they all transmit at 6o hz?

Just now, D4rk_beowulf said:

I just notice that when the refresh rate is lower they dissapear. I set up the refresh rate to 50hz and they dont show.  

Since you have this monitor, did you get any aditional cables? Are you using the ones that came with the monitor? Fo they all transmit at 6o hz?

I use the mini DP to DP cable and have it set to 60hz

[CPU-i5 4690k] [MB-Asus Maximus VII Hero] [GPU-Asus Matirx 980ti] [Ram-8GB Corsair Vengeance ram] [ Cooling-Corsair H100i/ 3 Noctua NF-P12 for intake] [sSD/HDD-120GB evo/ 1TB WB Caviar blue] [Case-NZXT H440] [Dell U3415W]

2 minutes ago, roctrebira said:

I use the mini DP to DP cable and have it set to 60hz

Ok thanks. It must be something with my refresh rate.

Just now, D4rk_beowulf said:

Ok thanks. It must be something with my refresh rate.

Yep let me know how it goes when the problem is fixed because its a truly awesome display.