Ownleewun Build

This is my 3rd Build relatively re-using the same parts from my original build. CPU: i5 6600k the price to performance champ and unlocked for overclocking Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI plus: Black, SLI, overclock able board, the necessary features only, and the uefi click 5 bios was nice. Ram: 16gb Crucical Ballistics Sport 2400mhz memory - Fast enough speed for the right price Heat Sink: Corsair H60 good price, matches with build, and strong performer 45c with full load. Video Cards: GTX 970 SLI pros performs better than a GTX 980 ti, price already had 1 , and the look of the two cards sets off the build tone cons vram, heat, and extra wattage. Case:Corsair 400c was made for the type of build I made to show off the guts and cool them too. Power Suply: Corsair 850rmi: quiet, gold efficient, and fuly modular which made it great to work with.

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/rrNNnQ

I would go single 980TI honestly. SLI isn't 100% reliable and when you need to turn it off for something you'll wish you had more power. Don't get me wrong, 970 SLI is good I just think you're better off getting 980 TI and grabbing a 2nd down the road when they drop.

EDIT: Also it seems like the 980TI beats out SLI 970s in several benchmarks.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2246-gtx-970-sli-vs-gtx-980-ti

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

20 hours ago, Kryptyx said:

I would go single 980TI honestly. SLI isn't 100% reliable and when you need to turn it off for something you'll wish you had more power. Don't get me wrong, 970 SLI is good I just think you're better off getting 980 TI and grabbing a 2nd down the road when they drop.

EDIT: Also it seems like the 980TI beats out SLI 970s in several benchmarks.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2246-gtx-970-sli-vs-gtx-980-ti

Thanks for your response. Yes, I actually follow Gamer nexus as well. I'm looking into possibly getting either a 980ti after selling my970s or sticking with 1 970 until June to see what Pascal turns up. :)

2 hours ago, ownleewun said:

Thanks for your response. Yes, I actually follow Gamer nexus as well. I'm looking into possibly getting either a 980ti after selling my970s or sticking with 1 970 until June to see what Pascal turns up. :)

Ah sounds good, I didn't know you already had the parts. I thought maybe this was a planned builds.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE