Ubuntu 15.10 Not Connecting to 5Ghz

TheDoctorHax

I have the Intel 7260 Wireless AC Dual Band card, and can connect to the 2.4ghz AP. The 5Ghz network shows up, but when I try and connect it just keeps asking for the password and never connects. This issue is not present in Windows 10. I was wondering what I need to do to get this working. If you need any output from logs I can provide that. Thanks for any help given.

probably worth poking around the ubuntu forums for this one, its most likely a driver issue.

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

probably worth poking around the ubuntu forums for this one, its most likely a driver issue.

Just went back into Windows 10 and now all of a sudden I can't connect to the 5ghz there either. This is not going to be fun.

Just now, TheDoctorHax said:

Just went back into Windows 10 and now all of a sudden I can't connect to the 5ghz there either. This is not going to be fun.

yeah no.. thats not a driver issue then, if win10 drivers are anything to go by...

are there any other 5ghz devices on your network that work/dont work?

Just now, manikyath said:

yeah no.. thats not a driver issue then, if win10 drivers are anything to go by...

One sec I have to switch it off of enterprise mode to let my phone on... then ill post the results

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

Ok phone is refusing to connect, thanks Charter for 2 broken modems and now a broken router... fucking great. Thanks for the assist on that check because I wouldnt have done it otherwise.

Just now, TheDoctorHax said:

Ok phone is refusing to connect, thanks Charter for 2 broken modems and now a broken router... fucking great. Thanks for the assist on that check because I wouldnt have done it otherwise.

well, that surely sounds like a lot of dead devices.

are they by any chance all hooked up to a wall outlet close to the fuse panel?

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

well, that surely sounds like a lot of dead devices.

are they by any chance all hooked up to a wall outlet close to the fuse panel?

Router reboot fixed it... ffs I'm going to reboot into Ubuntu to see if it fixed it there.