HELP NEEDED - ASAP

SheriffHD

Ok, new build is done. but the only thing i need to do now is install the OS. not sure if this is the right section, but mods feel free to move if need be.

the issue i am having is that my iso for windows 7 is on my mac right now (copy from uni) and i need to put it onto a usb drive.

now i keep getting an error when i try to convert the iso to an img file. which says  "no such file or directory" I am clueless about mac terminal so i need some help here.

This is the command that I am using.

hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o ~/Users/mymac/Desktop/Windows-7-pro.img ~/Users/mymac/Desktop/windows-7-pro.iso

the file is called windows-7-pro and it is located as an .ISO on my desktop. so is this right or am i doing something wrong.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

I get problems with installing OSes through USB, so I copy the OS (like Ubuntu) to a DVD and then install it that way.

I'll put it this way DVD is not an opition. I never Buy DVD drives because I always install via USB stick. but thanks to my sister she whiped my the windows 7 from the usb i usually install from. so now i have to put it back on there using my macbook......And i hate mackbooks :(

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini / Motherboard:GigaByte G1-Sniper-M5 / CPU: Intel 4670k / Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600mhz / GPU: Asus GTX770 Direct CU 2GB / PSU: OCZ ZT650 / SSD: 2xSamsung 840 240GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB / Cooler: Corsair H100i / Fans: 3x Corsair AF120 + 2 Corsair SP120 / Mouse: Corsair M65 / Keyboard: Cheap Crap/ Headset: Razer Kraken / Misk: 3DConnexion mouse / Flight stick: Cyborg F.L.Y 5

Here is the ISO's for windows 7 

http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

Here is the tool to take that iso and stick it on a usb key of atleast 4gb 

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

That windows 7 will last for 30 days before you need to enter in an activation code. Where you get that code from is completely up to you though.

Here is the ISO's for windows 7 

http://www.w7forums.com/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads-t12325.html

Here is the tool to take that iso and stick it on a usb key of atleast 4gb 

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

That windows 7 will last for 30 days before you need to enter in an activation code. Where you get that code from is completely up to you though.

that software is for windows only. As I stated, Im using a MAC. its also why i much rather windows, as it has many of software like the one you mentioned, which makes life alot easier.

I bet you can find a tool similar. If not then maybe you can barrow a windows computer for like 5 minutes.

the best I can find, is a guide on how to do it.
http://evan.borgstrom.ca/post/1314205955/osx-bootable-usb-from-iso

but As i stated in my first post, im having issue with the code that i need to use. so need some one who knows mac coding to help out.

as for laptops, pretty much all my friends have macbooks. they are all musicians so they whore them selfs over apple products. the only other guy i know with a laptop is 50 miles away, which is a bit far to walk.