Would it work

Lolid4

It will work

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes, but I do not recommend using a PCI-E wireless card on a desktop computer. It ends up being a question of speed and reliability. If this is for a workstation or for gaming, you might experience substantial lag due to the lack of more modern IEEE protocols in the 802.11(x) spectrum. Wireless signals are deeply offended by walls and obstructions and poor hardware. I haven't had much experience with TP-LINK but when it comes to networking equipment, YGWYPF.

When I see "Gaming" motherboard with Wifi antenna sticking out of them I get sick. It's like seeing a Ferrari with wooden carriage wheels. If all your doing is checking email and browsing the web, should be fine though.

On 2/13/2016 at 1:16 PM, Trikein said:

When I see "Gaming" motherboard with Wifi antenna sticking out of them I get sick. It's like seeing a Ferrari with wooden carriage wheels. If all your doing is checking email and browsing the web, should be fine though.

I'm looking for a cheap WiFi adapter I can use for gaming.

7 hours ago, Lolid4 said:

I'm looking for a cheap WiFi adapter I can use for gaming.

First allow me to implore you to use something other then wireless when gaming, especially when the word "cheap" is involved. I get price points, just sometimes the money is best spent else where.

Second, what motherboard do you have? This would allow comparsion between USB and PCI throughput when comparing value adapters. Also what adapter do you have now? Perhaps upgrading the antenna instead of the card can be optimal. 

Third, what router do you have? You mentioned "802.11g/n" but what speed? N300? N900? 5Ghz? What model number?

Last, just to give a blind suggestion, if you want to go USB, try EDUP N150 USB2.0 adapter added with TP-LINK TL-ANT2405C 5dB antenna with a long enough cord and stand so you can put it away from your PC or anything metal or electrical for best reception. If you want to go PCI try the no name Ralink 3062 with Super 2 x 9dBi 2.4GHz antennas. The PCI adapter is basically a Chinese knock off of the L-Link adapter that uses the same chipset. L-links were great, no idea about Chinese version but uses the same chip-set so guessing not THAT bad. (I mean no racial indications, just the reality that China produces productions because of loose IP law).

13 hours ago, Trikein said:

First allow me to implore you to use something other then wireless when gaming, especially when the word "cheap" is involved. I get price points, just sometimes the money is best spent else where.

Second, what motherboard do you have? This would allow comparsion between USB and PCI throughput when comparing value adapters. Also what adapter do you have now? Perhaps upgrading the antenna instead of the card can be optimal. 

Third, what router do you have? You mentioned "802.11g/n" but what speed? N300? N900? 5Ghz? What model number?

Last, just to give a blind suggestion, if you want to go USB, try EDUP N150 USB2.0 adapter added with TP-LINK TL-ANT2405C 5dB antenna with a long enough cord and stand so you can put it away from your PC or anything metal or electrical for best reception. If you want to go PCI try the no name Ralink 3062 with Super 2 x 9dBi 2.4GHz antennas. The PCI adapter is basically a Chinese knock off of the L-Link adapter that uses the same chipset. L-links were great, no idea about Chinese version but uses the same chip-set so guessing not THAT bad. (I mean no racial indications, just the reality that China produces productions because of loose IP law).

I'm using the MSI H81M P33 micro atx motherboard, 2.4GHz only,and model is TG862G