Good starter PC games

so after many many months of saving im going to buy myself the dell inspiron 15 7559 and since this will be my first computer with an actual GPU i was wondering if anyone could recommend me some games to play on it. 

here is the specs: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=cn95712&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

all recommendations are greatly appreciated 

2 minutes ago, LackyWacky said:

so after many many months of saving im going to buy myself the dell inspiron 15 7559 and since this will be my first computer with an actual GPU i was wondering if anyone could recommend me some games to play on it. 

here is the specs: http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-7559-laptop/pd?oc=cn95712&model_id=inspiron-15-7559-laptop

all recommendations are greatly appreciated 

You can play about any game on it, just nog at 4K but mostly 1080.

You can play about anything on it, just like Wouterrinos said, but here are a few games that I started with when I had a crappy Toshiba Satellite. (Since then I have upgraded)

Team Fortress 2 (What got me started in FPS Games)

Genre: First Person Shooter/Hat Simulator

-Free to Play

Planetside 2

First Person Shooter

-Free to Play

Minecraft (If you are interested in that)

Genre: Pretty sure you know what that is....

-$29.95 USD

PC Specs: 
CPU: i7-5930K | Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX | GPU: GeForce GTX 980 Ti | Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4 | Memory: HyperX Fury Black 16GB | Storage: SeaGate 2TB & SanDisk 120GB SSD | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/ Window | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold Cert | Monitors: (x2) Acer S220HQL | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB |

Just now, Wouterrinos said:

You can play about any game on it, just nog at 4K but mostly 1080.

yeah forgot to meantion i would be playing at 1080p. also i know with lower settings i can but was really just looking for good reconsiderations to get me used to a keyboard and mouse before playing any competitive games like CSGO 

Just now, Wouterrinos said:

@LackyWacky

If you're only going to play games and a Desktop is an option, that would get you more for your money.

yeah i know but im getting this to start so i can use it while traveling during holidays and i can use it for school aswell. since i currenetly dont have a desk that i can use in my room either a desktop atm would be more hassle as ill need to get a desk, chair, monitor etc while with this i can expand as i get more funds 

4 minutes ago, LackyWacky said:

yeah i know but im getting this to start so i can use it while traveling during holidays and i can use it for school aswell. since i currenetly dont have a desk that i can use in my room either a desktop atm would be more hassle as ill need to get a desk, chair, monitor etc while with this i can expand as i get more funds 

Well in that case I wouldn't know why you shouldn't just start with CS GO, practice makes perfect.

Also, as @UGame_ said, games like minecraft, Team Fortress 2 and planetside 2 are great.

You could also try games like GTA V, Max payne 3, Dishonered and Assasin's creed is you want more of a storyline.

What Genres do you like?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

4 minutes ago, Wouterrinos said:

Well in that case I wouldn't know why you shouldn't just start with CS GO, practice makes perfect.

Also, as @UGame_ said, games like minecraft, Team Fortress 2 and planetside 2 are great.

You could also try games like GTA V, Max payne 3, Dishonered and Assasin's creed is you want more of a storyline.

ok thanks ill check some of them out then

12 minutes ago, UGame_ said:

You can play about anything on it, just like Wouterrinos said, but here are a few games that I started with when I had a crappy Toshiba Satellite. (Since then I have upgraded)

Team Fortress 2 (What got me started in FPS Games)

Genre: First Person Shooter/Hat Simulator

-Free to Play

Planetside 2

First Person Shooter

-Free to Play

Minecraft (If you are interested in that)

Genre: Pretty sure you know what that is....

-$29.95 USD

forgot about minecraft and TF2. ill definetly check them out on PC 

Have a look at what's popular on Steam. Chances are it'll be Warframe, War Thunder, CS:GO, Dota 2, or TF2, all of which are cool and you should try at one point or another.

As for AAA games, try AC:Syndicate or Just Cause 3 are all great.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

What Genres do you like?

nothing in particular really except for car racing games not a fan of them. however im interested in possibly trying some survival games like rust or 7D2D.

if it looks fun ill play it not extremely picky when it comes to games, movies etc 

1 minute ago, LackyWacky said:

nothing in particular really except for car racing games not a fan of them. however im interested in possibly trying some survival games like rust or 7D2D.

if it looks fun ill play it not extremely picky when it comes to games, movies etc 

Try H1Z1batlle royal!!!! (don't buy Rust!!!!)

2 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

Have a look at what's popular on Steam. Chances are it'll be Warframe, War Thunder, CS:GO, Dota 2, or TF2, all of which are cool and you should try at one point or another.

As for AAA games, try AC:Syndicate or Just Cause 3 are all great.

i play warframe on PS4 often so ill probably leave that one as im still progressing in it. ive also played war thunder however console controls are bit crappy so ill see what its like on pc 

1 minute ago, Wouterrinos said:

Try H1Z1batlle royal!!!! (don't buy Rust!!!!)

whats wrong with rust? i used to watch a LP of it and it seemed good. has it got really buggy recently or is it full off hackers now?

1 minute ago, LackyWacky said:

whats wrong with rust? i used to watch a LP of it and it seemed good. has it got really buggy recently or is it full off hackers now?

It just isn't such a good game just like Hurtworld (in my opinion) and it'll always have a lot of hackers and bugs.

Just now, LackyWacky said:

-Pillars of Eternity

-XCOM2

-Kotor2 (old but good)

-Never Winter Nights (old but good)

-Metro Last Light

If you dont mind to play a very old, but outstanding RPG, Gothic2

And of Course, Skyrim. The Possibilities with mods are endless.

Its hard to name every Game, because almost all Games are superior on PC. 

If you want badass Graphics, the new TombRaider looks insane.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

7 minutes ago, LackyWacky said:

i play warframe on PS4 often so ill probably leave that one as im still progressing in it. ive also played war thunder however console controls are bit crappy so ill see what its like on pc 

I use a Logitech 3D Pro joystick. It's leaps and bounds better than gamepad/keyboard+mouse for any sort of game with vehicles.

Primary Build: i7-4790 · 16GB Hynix DDR3-1600 · Sapphire Tri-X R9 390x · NZXT S340 · Win10 Pro · Seagate Barracuda 1TB T_T

Portable: 2015 Retina Macbook Pro 13" · i5-5257u · 512GB PCIe SSD · Intel Iris 6100 T_T

If my post helped you, please rate it!

2 minutes ago, sushisharkjl said:

I use a Logitech 3D Pro joystick. It's leaps and bounds better than gamepad/keyboard+mouse for any sort of game with vehicles.

pretty cheap for a joystick as well. have wanted to play game/simulator with a joystick so i may possibly try that out.

Just Cause 2

Wolfenstein: The New Order

Dishonored

All the Half Life titles

Dishonored

Crysis 1 & Crysis Warhead

Far Cry 1

F.e.a.r 1