SketchUp help!

I've downloaded SketchUp, and I am stuck at a place where I do not know how to separate a face from the rest of the object. Please help, thanks!

When I try to pull a face away from the rest of the object, the whole object gets twisted!

Nothing to see here ;)

your sketches has to have real life dimensions i believe

This is how it would be if you just removed a face

Untitled.png.6523d92d85dd0a9d128d3c43296

This is how it would be if you extruded (or whatever its called in sketchup) the whole cube or whatever its your doing but keeped a little bit of material on the sides

Untitled2.png.846319cece2a550a50257f0ff5

Doesnt have to be 1 cm though, and im not 100% sure if this is true since it was years ago i last used sketchup

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

11 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

your sketches has to have real life dimensions i believe

This is how it would be if you just removed a face

Untitled.png.6523d92d85dd0a9d128d3c43296

This is how it would be if you extruded (or whatever its called in sketchup) the whole cube or whatever its your doing but keeped a little bit of material on the sides

Untitled2.png.846319cece2a550a50257f0ff5

Doesnt have to be 1 cm though, and im not 100% sure if this is true since it was years ago i last used sketchup

No I'm not talking about extrusion - I'm talking about taking a whole face totally away off the rest of the cube - no connections. You see, I wanna work on the insides of the cube, and then put the side back to position.

Thanks!

Nothing to see here ;)

52 minutes ago, anandgeforce said:

No I'm not talking about extrusion - I'm talking about taking a whole face totally away off the rest of the cube - no connections. You see, I wanna work on the insides of the cube, and then put the side back to position.

Thanks!

Im not sure how to do this, but i would just make it hollow (not sure how to do this in sketchup) then just get the camera in there

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

5 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

Im not sure how to do this, but i would just make it hollow (not sure how to do this in sketchup) then just get the camera in there

It's already hollow - but it's too small to freely navigate the insides using the camera.

In the end, I resorted to finishing up the insides, and only then creating the sides.

Thanks anyway!

Nothing to see here ;)