Best Z170 mITX motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by Xenift,

Well a good rule to follow by while choosing motherboards of cheap is to look at brand and the utility.

Is there USB 3.0? Do you need USB 3.0? Do you need more than 2 SATA connections?

Do you need XFire/SLI?(In this case no of course not.)

http://www.pcpartpicker.com Go select USB 3.0, then search from the lowest price options, from there pick a brand you are willing to buy from. Brands like ECS i do not trust but if you are daring enough you can go ahead. But thats how i generally search for cheap new components online.

Hello people here at LTT Forums!

If you have read my specs (hope you haven't) you should know that i play on a very BAD laptop.

I am about to build my very first PC! And i am going to be playing a couple of AAA titles in 1080p aswell as CSGO at best framerates as possible.

I chose a Mini ITX chassi (The Corsair 380T) just because it's never wrong with a mITX build i think and i travel to my gf a couple times a year and i go to LANs almost everyother week.

Now I use a Intel Core i5 6600k, because it's a new CPU that will be able to stick with me longer than an i5 4690k.

And here in Sweden an 6600k is CHEAPER than an 4690k, yes i actually said CHEAPER.

Now as I said, I haven't actually done a real PC. And now is the time to do so. I use ALOT of my freetime to learn more about tech stuff and PCs.

I really don't know what i want with my mobo tbh. But i have some criterias :

1. Mini ITX (a MUST)

2. USB 3.0

3. I want it to compatible with 2 case fans and 2 radiator fans.

4. Cost about 100-120$

5. No special colors theme (not a must but extremly appreciated).

Hope you guys can help me :D

1 minute ago, Xenift said:

Make up your mind, mATX or ITX?

Sorry, I didn't realise my silly mistake (That was REALLY bad from me)

I think it should be alright now.

But I am looking for mITX

Just now, awesomeness10120 said:

Well, since you're using a Mini ITX case and you're saying mATX, I'll just recommend the ASUS Maximus VIII Impact:

http://www.amazon.de/Maximus-VIII-Impact-Socket-LGA1151/dp/B016EYH9A4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1455290314&sr=8-1&keywords=Maximus+VIII+impact

Well, I think i fixed it. I am looking for a mini ITX mobo with a LGA1151 socket and it should be priced at about 100-120$

Well a good rule to follow by while choosing motherboards of cheap is to look at brand and the utility.

Is there USB 3.0? Do you need USB 3.0? Do you need more than 2 SATA connections?

http://www.pcpartpicker.com Go select USB 3.0, then search from the lowest price options, from there pick a brand you are willing to buy from. Brands like ECS i do not trust but if you are daring enough you can go ahead. But thats how i generally search for cheap new components online.

Just now, Xenift said:

I might just be dumb but to make sure. SATA connections is where you plug in your storage, right?

10 hours ago, Buttefly said:

Thank you guys :D I found the mobo I want :)

Which one did you finally choose?

Keep calm and

OMNOMNOM

21 hours ago, philwilei said:

Which one did you finally choose?

Nevermind that gigabyte board.

I switched to a Asus Z170I Pro Gaming

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎13‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 10:54 PM, Buttefly said:

Nevermind that gigabyte board.

I switched to a Asus Z170I Pro Gaming

good