Your home Servers

If this already exists - could we get it stickied?

Curious what everyone is running out there, much how there's a 10TB+ NAS thread maybe we can start (and get stickied) a home servers thread? Just a generalized overview of what you have at home. I'm at work and when I get home I'll get a little more detailed about my own. Ideally I'd like to come up with a format for information - or maybe bum off of the NAS thread..

Really not sure how to go about this but very curious about people's @home setups, which I think is part of the curiosity/interest in the NAS thread.

1x Dell C1100 ($400 came with a 3TB green and the below)

2x 5520, 32gb DDR3 ECC, 1x 500gb SSD, quad-port nic

VMs: vCenter 5.5 (Windows 2012r2), Domain Controller, vmware Horizon 6, Exchange 2013, SQL 2014,  and a "closed" network where I'm testing sophos UTM / arch linux / unRaid (bitch to deal with as a vm)

1x IBM x3650 m2 ($230 came with a single 146gb 15k SAS drive and the below)

2x 5520, 32gb DDR3 ECC - no drives, using ISCSI targets

OS: Will be ESXI 5.5 - just got this server :-) might try out Linux KVM / proxmox

1x Custom Built (~$1500 so far I think)

1x G1610, 32gb DDR3 ECC, 5x 4TB Seagate Desktop drives, 4x 3TB WD Red, 1x 160gb Intel SSD

OS: FreeNAS 9.3 - Currently only using a CIFS share and 2 iSCSI targets, no jails or VMs.

Raid: m1015 flashed in IT | 5x 4TB - RaidZ1 "Primary" pool, 4x 3TB Raidz2 "Backup" pool. - data is replicated from Primary to Backup nightly (only very important things)

You done much testing with Horizon 6? Haven't got round to testing it yet, only did the old version 5.2. Really liked it but had a few limitations both with the hardware I was using and the product. The software client for 3D and high pixel change rate struggled a bit but that was a known limitation at the time, not sure if it is better now. Also my internet upload at the time was only 1Mb so really not enough.

I purchased a Dell/Wyse zero client with a Teradici chip and was planning on getting an AMD W7000 which is the cheapest supported card to use with Horizon 6. Destroyed my version 5 setup but never got round to actually installing it all again.

15 hours ago, leadeater said:

You done much testing with Horizon 6? Haven't got round to testing it yet, only did the old version 5.2. Really liked it but had a few limitations both with the hardware I was using and the product. The software client for 3D and high pixel change rate struggled a bit but that was a known limitation at the time, not sure if it is better now. Also my internet upload at the time was only 1Mb so really not enough.

I purchased a Dell/Wyse zero client with a Teradici chip and was planning on getting an AMD W7000 which is the cheapest supported card to use with Horizon 6. Destroyed my version 5 setup but never got round to actually installing it all again.

Not a lot yet, currently pxe booting to a linux distro and connecting to it via PCoIP. Have been looking to buy a teradici based thin client so I can play with the teradici management console (1 version behind the current is free). Friend who works for a different group where I work has that setup, very cool.