Help Hackintoshing

I'm trying to Hackintosh my old computer (G3250, MSI H81 board, and an 8800GT since Hackintosh doesn't support normal Intel HD Graphics). But I'm running into a problem right at the beginning. I'm able to successfully create the bootable USB in Unibeast using UEFI boot and Nvidia graphics options, but when I try to boot off the USB (the USB is detected by the bios) it fails to boot and prompts me for a proper bootable device. 

I'm trying the legacy boot option now, but the UEFI option should work on an H81 board...no? 

P.s. I had a similar issue when I tried to boot Remix OS 2.0 -- using both the UEFI and the Legacy versions. 

P.p.s the TonyMac forums suck, no one ever responds -- don't send me there :S 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

18 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'm trying to Hackintosh my old computer (G3250, MSI H81 board, and an 8800GT since Hackintosh doesn't support normal Intel HD Graphics). But I'm running into a problem right at the beginning. I'm able to successfully create the bootable USB in Unibeast using UEFI boot and Nvidia graphics options, but when I try to boot off the USB (the USB is detected by the bios) it fails to boot and prompts me for a proper bootable device. 

I'm trying the legacy boot option now, but the UEFI option should work on an H81 board...no? 

P.s. I had a similar issue when I tried to boot Remix OS 2.0 -- using both the UEFI and the Legacy versions. 

P.p.s the TonyMac forums suck, no one ever responds -- don't send me there :S 

Are all other hard drives/ssd removed? Make sure you only have one plugged in. In UEFI, the bootable USB drive should say "UEFI" after the device name (eg: Lexar USB UEFI)

I've got a fully functional MSI Z97S Krait build running El Capitan with no issues. Let me know if you need help on this. Sounds like theres definitely an issue with your unibeast creation.

Make sure you have the Windows 8 uefi mode thing disabled. Also, your system shouldn't be able to boot in UEFI mode properly because the gpu doesn't support it. 

4 minutes ago, baltazarbuilds said:

Are all other hard drives/ssd removed? Make sure you only have one plugged in. In UEFI, the bootable USB drive should say "UEFI" after the device name (eg: Lexar USB UEFI)

I've got a fully functional MSI Z97S Krait build running El Capitan with no issues. Let me know if you need help on this.

Don't go too far away, I'm sure I'll need help your help before this is all over. 

I'll try the Legacy boot as soon as it's done installing on the flash drive (should be a few more minutes), and if that doesn't work I'll try again with the UEFI route. 

P.s. any idea about getting it to work with normal Intel HD Graphics? I know Pentiums normally aren't supported, but since I have a Pentium I thought I'd try it out, and I'd rather not have to use my 8800GT. 

4 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

Make sure you have the Windows 8 uefi mode thing disabled. Also, your system shouldn't be able to boot in UEFI mode properly because the gpu doesn't support it. 

The GPU needs to support UEFI booting too? Really? 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

The GPU needs to support UEFI booting too? Really? 

Well, at least for Windows, you need to have a UEFI GOP bios for your graphics card in order to even install Windows in UEFI mode to support the fast booting. 

@baltazarbuildsIt crashed when I chose to "boot Mac OSX from USB", so I think I need to add a boot flag (nv_disable=1), but when I try to boot into clover (?) to add the boot flag I end up with a black screen with just this printed on it: 

"b1f: init

b1f: error"

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

@baltazarbuildsIt crashed when I chose to "boot Mac OSX from USB", so I think I need to add a boot flag (nv_disable=1), but when I try to boot into clover (?) to add the boot flag I end up with a black screen with just this printed on it: 

"b1f: init

b1f: error"

Are you able to get to the clover screen? or does the b1f error show up before that? Also, are you making sure you're waiting until unibeast is completely finished before removing the USB drive? Usually takes about 15 minutes to complete.

15 minutes ago, baltazarbuilds said:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-builds/175301-success-msi-z97s-sli-krait-edition-4690k-evga-gtx-960-el-capitan-clover.html

Read my write up. Also make sure CFG-lock and vt-d are disabled in the UEFI/BIOS before attempting. Integrated graphics should be supported.

From what I've read, HD4000/HD4400/4600 are supported, it's standard Intel HD Graphics (i.e. what the Pentiums have) that isn't supported as the Pentium is using GT1 whereas the others are GT2. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, baltazarbuilds said:

Are you able to get to the clover screen? or does the b1f error show up before that?

I'm able to get to the screen where I have the option for OSX or Clover. If I choose Clover then I get the b1f error. 

Unibeast says it's completed when I eject the USB. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

2 hours ago, djdwosk97 said:

I'm able to get to the screen where I have the option for OSX or Clover. If I choose Clover then I get the b1f error. 

Unibeast says it's completed when I eject the USB. 

Choose the OSX install instead.

4 minutes ago, baltazarbuilds said:

Choose the OSX install instead.

I get a thread 0 crash error (I think I need to set a flag to disable my 8800GT).

/This is all under legacy boot, UEFI boot still refuses to work.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

@baltazarbuildsI managed to get UEFI working, but when I try to boot the Mac OSX installer I keep getting a thread 0 crash error even after I set the nv_disable=1 flag. 

This is without the nv_disable=1 flag

gSQaleu.jpg

When I try to boot in Verbose mode: http://imgur.com/a/tr32l

Sorry for the piss poor pictures, but it's moving pretty quickly. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

8800gt should not require nv disable. This is for if you have a "Maxwell" card (GTX750-above).. Follow this guide for Pentium install:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/182328-success-how-install-el-capitan-pentiums-celerons.html

You will need to set your BIOS/UEFI with specific settings and put a ssdt into your unibeast EFI clover partition in order to boot the installer. That thread lays it out pretty detailed for you.. Skip the nvidia drivers steps, since he has a Maxwell card and you don't. 

On 2/12/2016 at 11:03 PM, baltazarbuilds said:

8800gt should not require nv disable. This is for if you have a "Maxwell" card (GTX750-above).. Follow this guide for Pentium install:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/182328-success-how-install-el-capitan-pentiums-celerons.html

You will need to set your BIOS/UEFI with specific settings and put a ssdt into your unibeast EFI clover partition in order to boot the installer. That thread lays it out pretty detailed for you.. Skip the nvidia drivers steps, since he has a Maxwell card and you don't. 

I followed that guide and I got into the installer and successfully installed OSX. I ran multibeast and added the appropriate drives (audio/LAN/inject Nvidia), UEFI boot. But when I removed the USB and tried to reboot it fails and I end up at the thread 0 crashed screen once again.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler