Ethernet powerLAN issues

Go to solution Solved by Riye,

Thanks a lot for the help Benergy but it turned out that when I swapped my one and the one at the hub and took out an other one it worked. (Strange and I will be getting them replaced soon I think)

I am using PowerLAN adaptors and have been for around ~3 years. They normally work fine and I might only need to restart them if they are beginning to get slow.

But my PC or any other using the PowerLAN adaptors can't connect. The network is unidentified, and I cannot ipconfig /renew as it says that no address has been associated with the network endpoint.

Is there a way I can test my adaptors to find out if it is only one that is the issue. I have tried swapping some around to no avail. (There is a light on them that says there is a network.) Im all out of ideas.

2 minutes ago, Riye said:

I am using PowerLAN adaptors and have been for around ~3 years. They normally work fine and I might only need to restart them if they are beginning to get slow.

But my PC or any other using the PowerLAN adaptors can't connect. The network is unidentified, and I cannot ipconfig /renew as it says that no address has been associated with the network endpoint.

Is there a way I can test my adaptors to find out if it is only one that is the issue. I have tried swapping some around to no avail. (There is a light on them that says there is a network.) Im all out of ideas.

Have you tried pinging your router? 

Is your PCs IP configuration messed up? Try setting it to DHCP and then do a ping/ipconfig to see if anything's change.

Almost as cool as my temps  

I have tried resetting all of my ip setting and pinning my router gives me

PING: transmit failed. General failure.

and when I try and renew my ipconfig it says it can' find the DHCP server and timed out

I had a TP-Link AV500 kit and that was a early sign of them failing, completely stopped working about 2 months later. 

9 minutes ago, Riye said:

I have tried resetting all of my ip setting and pinning my router gives me

PING: transmit failed. General failure.

and when I try and renew my ipconfig it says it can' find the DHCP server and timed out

So your computer isn't talking to the router at all (despite there being a link between the powerline adapters).

Maybe they're on a different IP range. Do you know the router's IP address?

Try giving your PC a static IP address with the router's IP as the 'gateway'.

Also ensure they are on the same range, e.g. if the router is 192.168.0.1 then your PC should be 192.168.0.2 and not 192.168.1.2

Set the first DNS IP to the router's address, and the second to 8.8.8.8

17 minutes ago, Benergy said:

So your computer isn't talking to the router at all (despite there being a link between the powerline adapters).

Maybe they're on a different IP range. Do you know the router's IP address?

Try giving your PC a static IP address with the router's IP as the 'gateway'.

Also ensure they are on the same range, e.g. if the router is 192.168.0.1 then your PC should be 192.168.0.2 and not 192.168.1.2

Set the first DNS IP to the router's address, and the second to 8.8.8.8

Now when pinging the router I get destination host unreachable

11 minutes ago, Riye said:

Now when pinging the router I get destination host unreachable

Can you screenshot/type out your IPv4 settings?

Also the router's IP?

Thanks a lot for the help Benergy but it turned out that when I swapped my one and the one at the hub and took out an other one it worked. (Strange and I will be getting them replaced soon I think)