Got my part list ready just need tutorial.

Dankasaurus

So I have finally finished my part list which I will be buying on Wednesday. 

All I need now is a good you tube tutorial (first time builder). I had the idea that I should put all the parts together first before I clean it (upgrading my pc not new build) to make sure everything is working.

I've had a search and either I'm derp-ing and can't find any good build tutorials or i'm blind.

I'm sure I've seen one on linus's channel before but I can't find it again. 

Any help appreciated

P.S Should I clean all my parts that I'm currently using before I put the build together outside the case? Or should I just wait until everything appears to be working.

P.P.S I should just use compressed air to clean correct? With a non-damp cloth ?

P.P.P.S My Build: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/GZX8nQ

Something like this will work. Just follow along as it fits your needs. User compressed air to clean off any dust thats on the parts you will be reusing prior to installing them in the new build. You don't need a ton of PSI to clean it off if you're using an air compressor.

--Intel Core i5-3570k (4.7GHz 1.325V)--16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer Red/Green (1860MHZ CL8 1.6V)--Reference GTX 970 (1635/2066)--Asus Sabertooth Z77---Antec HGC750---128GB Samsung 840 Pro---NZXT S340---Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014---Anker Gaming Mouse 8000DPI---

The one above is good, but there's a playlist with all the build guides so I thought I'd link that in case you like another one more:

Give everything a clean if it looks like it needs it, do a small post test on the mobo when you've got the GPU, CPU and RAM in and then put it all together, you'll be fine if you watch the vid a few times then be pedantic in checking the guide books, glhf :) 

Be a little careful with compressed air, always keep it upright, just a heads up. 

If you plan to use compressed air make sure you remove the part from the case and take it somewhere away from everything else before using the air. Spray in one direction, moving the part. So you are not just creating a dust cloud. Otherwise use a hobby vacuum - much safer IMO.

I would not take the system apart. Every time one does this one risks damaging parts.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Also. How often should I be replacing thermal paste? And whats the program Linus/TheOtherGuy (;c) use to monitor cpu temperature etc

4 minutes ago, Dankasaurus said:

Also. How often should I be replacing thermal paste? And whats the program Linus/TheOtherGuy (;c) use to monitor cpu temperature etc

It's technically always good as long as temperatures are within normal range. But the good stuff wears out after a couple years; after it's worn out it'll keep the computer cool enough to run, but not as well as it could.

With Intel you can use RealTemp found here.

--Intel Core i5-3570k (4.7GHz 1.325V)--16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer Red/Green (1860MHZ CL8 1.6V)--Reference GTX 970 (1635/2066)--Asus Sabertooth Z77---Antec HGC750---128GB Samsung 840 Pro---NZXT S340---Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014---Anker Gaming Mouse 8000DPI---

6 minutes ago, Dankasaurus said:

There's usually no real reason to replace thermal paste exept for when you change out coolers or remount the cooler. 

What program they use changes from time to time, but I like http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

msi afterburner is quite good as well for gpu-monitoring.

Edit: ^ realtemp is good as well :-)