My Friend Be Planning Some Upgrades...I need Some Help

Go to solution Solved by Kazetana,
2 minutes ago, jkeasley said:

OK so my friend is planning to upgrade. He has $800AUD. He wants an SSD. That's a given and I've found one for $65. It's a really decent SSD. He currently has an i5 4670K and an R9 270. He mostly plays PC and is a content creator. My issue: would you suggest a better GPU for a better playing experience or a better CPU for better recording and rendering. Keep in mind the budget

Get a better GPU, then you'll also be able to take advantage of CUDA/OpenCL acceleration.

OK so my friend is planning to upgrade. He has $800AUD. He wants an SSD. That's a given and I've found one for $65. It's a really decent SSD. He currently has an i5 4670K and an R9 270. He mostly plays PC and is a content creator. My issue: would you suggest a better GPU for a better playing experience or a better CPU for better recording and rendering. Keep in mind the budget

2 minutes ago, jkeasley said:

Get a better GPU, then you'll also be able to take advantage of CUDA/OpenCL acceleration.

Just now, Kazetana said:

Oh ok m80....might try and upgrade his RAM to 16GB while I'm at it

GPU will improve gaming and depending on content creation software, editing and rendering performance.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.