1440p gpu

kakhat

I am thinking about difference between gtx 970 and r9 390 for 1440p I know r9 ibetter but is that difference more than 4 fps in most demanding games like witcher 3 or rise of the tomb rider and so

so I mean is difference noticable

No, depending on the game they trade blows, even at 1440. So pick based off price and features.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

The performance difference shouldn't be too noticeable from what I see. The R9 390 is faster but if you feel that the Nvidia features(ShadowPlay etc.) are more valuable you would be better off getting a 970. But most of the Nvidia features, like shawdowplay, have an AMD alternative that those a similar action but some times not as well.

Quote me to get a reply!

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

No, depending on the game they trade blows, even at 1440. So pick based off price and features.

whaich r9 390 should ichoose sapphire is too big for my case

1 minute ago, kakhat said:

whaich r9 390 should ichoose sapphire is too big for my case

MSI or XFX. The MSI has a better chance of overclocking but they tend to run hotter than most 390s. The XFX is a good choice if you can save a few bucks, same with PowerColor.

The others should be avoided. Sapphire is good though

I got a R9 290 for around $250 and I get pretty good fps in 1440

1 minute ago, cfair766 said:

I got a R9 290 for around $250 and I get pretty good fps in 1440

And 4g of VRAM, the main benefit of going with a 390 is the added VRAM. Doesn't do much but if you're going to get a AMD you might as well get the better one. 

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

And 4g of VRAM, the main benefit of going with a 390 is the added VRAM. Doesn't do much but if you're going to get a AMD you might as well get the better one. 

You will rarely use that much VRAM, and only having 4gb won't effect framerates. The 390 is a better card at 1440p though.

I will add that the 8gb is better if you choose to go for 2 cards in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Necrodead said:

You will rarely use that much VRAM, and only having 4gb won't effect framerates. The 390 is a better card at 1440p though.

Games use the VRAM available, not a set amount. I use 5g playing Fallout 4 but at the same settings my 290 used 3g. 

But yes, with the 390 it lacks the power required to properly utilize it's memory.