Need help choosing a monitor

Chatzev

So, I am looking at getting a new monitor since my current one looks like crap.

I would prefer an IPS panel and the budget is $250 - $300

The site that I would prefer to use, although I am open to using other places:

http://pccasegear.com/

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

What size or resolution?

1080p or 1440p, with a minimum of 23 inches

This is just "another" good 1080p IPS monitor. 

Have you thought about getting a Korean monitor? Can get a 1440p monitor that runs at 120hz for 400usd here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330931083652?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Yeah it is a little bit more than what your budget allows but it is certainly worth the extra I can assure you! After using a 1900 x 1200 monitor and going to a 2560 x 1600 Korean monitor I can safely say that I will never go back to a lower res/smaller screen again.

The things you should always spend the most on when doing your pc are;

Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Chair. Since those 4 are the things you are using all of the time it pays to get the best you can get. 

This is just "another" good 1080p IPS monitor. 

Have you thought about getting a Korean monitor? Can get a 1440p monitor that runs at 120hz for 400usd here

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330931083652?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Yeah it is a little bit more than what your budget allows but it is certainly worth the extra I can assure you! After using a 1900 x 1200 monitor and going to a 2560 x 1600 Korean monitor I can safely say that I will never go back to a lower res/smaller screen again.

The things you should always spend the most on when doing your pc are;

Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Chair. Since those 4 are the things you are using all of the time it pays to get the best you can get. 

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.

I would say the Qnix QX2710 or X-Star, they are the same. A good thing about them is that the panel they use is extremely good. It's right up there with high end monitors such as the ViewSonic VP2770-LED. Another thing is that you can overclock these panels to 120hz, or something close to that. As of right now there is no guarantee that buying a different brand will increase overclocking capabilities. Also the cable included doesn't seem to affect anything as well. 

The only downside is that they have pretty much no warranty and the build quality is pretty bad unless you buy a Crossover or something.

i would get a branded monitor (no korean bc i dont trust em)

i would look into th asus pb or pa series of monitors

Dont listen to anything i say im biased

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel