WIndows USB Driver derping.

Irodo_BSMD

I have an issue where "intel usb3 extensible host controller" doesn't start on boot and all of my USB devices are not detected in windows 10. I have tried reinstalling the driver. Finding the driver online and trying to install that but gives me an error telling me that I do not meet the requirements for the driver. I can get it working by using a ps2 keyboard to navigate windows and restart the driver..... Until I turn my computer off, i have to do this everytime i turn my computer on and it's a real pain in the ass. I have tried reinstalling windows 10 with no luck but it all works fine on windows 7.

Anybody got any advice/fixes? 

Thank you so much in advance.

dont turn your pc off until its fixed or add a task with tasksheduler for the driver restart (temporarely)

did you install your chipset driver yet?

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

8 minutes ago, Minsekt said:

Not yet, I'm downloading it right now

15 minutes ago, Minsekt said:

dont turn your pc off until its fixed or add a task with tasksheduler for the driver restart (temporarely)

Not fixed

1 minute ago, Irodo_BSMD said:

Not fixed

bios up2date?

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

6 minutes ago, Irodo_BSMD said:

How would I find out?

download cpu-z and click on motherboard, the newest bios for your board is F7 2015/09/18 (post windows 10 release, worth a try)

Fire Strike Score

Are ALL your USB ports affected or only your USB 3.0 ports? Because windows shouldn't even require drivers for USB 2.0, like at all, they are built in.

Have you tried to run in an elevated command prompt the following command " SFC /Scannow " to see if it's an issue with the windows file integrity?

You say that this is only a thing on Windows 10 and not Windows 7. Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 with the media creation tool or did you upgrade through Windows update? Or did you get Windows 7/10 from a more .. shady... area of the web?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

11 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Are ALL your USB ports affected or only your USB 3.0 ports? Because windows shouldn't even require drivers for USB 2.0, like at all, they are built in.

Have you tried to run in an elevated command prompt the following command " SFC /Scannow " to see if it's an issue with the windows file integrity?

You say that this is only a thing on Windows 10 and not Windows 7. Did you do a clean install of Windows 10 with the media creation tool or did you upgrade through Windows update? Or did you get Windows 7/10 from a more .. shady... area of the web?

All of the ports not working. I'm doing the scan now. I actually tried both. Upgraded from legit 7, didn't work. Used media creation tool and didn't work.

4 minutes ago, Irodo_BSMD said:

All of the ports not working. I'm doing the scan now. I actually tried both. Upgraded from legit 7, didn't work. Used media creation tool and didn't work.

And I'm guessing the computer this issue is happening on is the one in your signature, is that correct?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Just now, TetraSky said:

And I'm guessing the computer this issue is happening on is the one in your signature, is that correct?

Yup, also my only working computer.

Just now, Irodo_BSMD said:

Yup, also my only working computer.

So this is your motherboard, correct?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4949#ov
(asking because I'm not sure if there's multiple models of it or not)

2 minutes ago, Irodo_BSMD said:

Alright, the drivers you tried to install, is it the one found on the Gigabyte website? The one on the CD? Or the one directly on Intel's website? (Or whichever chipmaker made yours)

Also, do you have the latest F7 BIOS installed?

2 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Alright, the drivers you tried to install, is it the one found on the Gigabyte website? The one on the CD? Or the one directly on Intel's website? (Or whichever chipmaker made yours)

Directly from Gigabyte's website. I have the F5 one.

8 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Also, do you have the latest F7 BIOS installed?

If I mess up the BIOS update can I use my second BIOS just fine?

36 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios."

Welp...

22 minutes ago, Irodo_BSMD said:

Directly from Gigabyte's website.

Alright, which intel driver are you taking? The INF or the Management Engine one?

To get the INF driver directly from intel:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20775/Intel-Chipset-Device-Software-INF-Update-Utility-

(if you didn't need that one, it won't actually install, it will scan your PC and determine if you really need it or not)

As for the Management Engine, I honestly can't find it. I just find stuff for the Intel NUC, Intel ComputeStick or Intel Motherboard, not for the actual "chipset".
One thing you could attempt, is to use

http://www.driverscloud.com/en

(Make sure you have adblock enabled)

This website's scanning utility will allow you to scan your PC and find the latest drivers you are potentially missing, it will also tell you exactly which chipset you have for USB, it's possible that it's not even Intel.

I recommend just getting the Offline utility and then run "MCDetection", that way you don't actually have to install anything. I use this site all the time to find drivers and we also used it at my old IT job so I can tell you it's legit. (when it's done scanning it will open a webpage, at the bottom you will find a button that says "Find the Drivers".)

13 minutes ago, Irodo_BSMD said:

If I mess up the BIOS update can I use my second BIOS just fine?

If your motherboard has dual bios, yes. Though hopefully it shouldn't mess up. After the update, be sure to load optimal default settings in the bios, and then set back your RAM timing and what not.