BSOD upon Connecting to Network (WIN XP)

SilicateWielder
Go to solution Solved by SilicateWielder,

UPDATE: I took the chance with a driver package meant for Windows 7, I scoffed in disbelief when it somehow worked perfectly for me!

Hey guys, I have been up all night trying to get this laptop working. So far I have finally made the hurdle over installing Windows XP via thumb drive (No CD-ROM drive)

And now comes Getting Wifi Workings, I have upgraded to Service Pack 3 in order to use WPA2-PSK networks with the OS, I then installed a spare Qualcomm Atheros AR5B125 Wireless adapter.

However upon grabbing the official Qualcomm Drivers I am running into the issue of BSODing whever XP connects to a Wireless network. Does anyone know how I can get this malevolent card to stop causing me so much trouble? I would really like to have this working soon, so I can move on to getting the other software installed that I need to install.

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

UPDATE: I took the chance with a driver package meant for Windows 7, I scoffed in disbelief when it somehow worked perfectly for me!

My procrastination is the bane of my existence.

I make games and stuff in my spare time.

• 4 years later...
On 2/7/2016 at 1:25 PM, SilicateWielder said:

So i know it's been almost 5 years since you found the solution to this issue, however i've been having the same issue with the same wireless card for quite a while and i don't seem to be getting anywhere, as it always blue screens after connecting to a network. Do you still have the link for this driver package or remember where you got it from?

23 hours ago, explorerdotexe said:

So i know it's been almost 5 years since you found the solution to this issue, however i've been having the same issue with the same wireless card for quite a while and i don't seem to be getting anywhere, as it always blue screens after connecting to a network. Do you still have the link for this driver package or remember where you got it from?

Please make a new thread or continue in PMs. Locked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv