Need Help Future-Proofing my PC

Hi!
This is my first post on here so I'm excited to get some good advice, and feel free to let me know if I should edit or add anything. Essentially, I'm trying to figure out what a good future-proof upgrade to my current pc would be. I have knowledge of components and stuff, but I think people on the internet know more than me. 

My Current Build:

MSI GTX 970 Gaming graphics card:
link

intel i5-4690k procesor w/ stock cooler:
link

asus B85M-G r2.0 motherboard:
link

Evga 500watt psu:
link

2x4gb ddr3 ripjaws ram:
link

WD blue 1tb hdd:
link

bitfenix comrade atx mid tower:
link

Wireless:

none, I run off of wired internet. But I plan on buying a wireless adapter in the future, I don't need one now though

So, that's the build I have. Trust me, I know it's not the best I could have done, especially with the motherboard and such. This is why I want to make some upgrades to it now. I want to upgrade the case, power supply, and motherboard primarily. I want it to be something I can keep for a long time. For the case I really was looking at the Corsair Carbide 400c (link). The reason for this is that I love the look of the case, the magnetic fan covers, and the power supply cover. All of those would help me out a lot (the $99 price point doesnt hurt either). As far as power supplies go I'm open to suggestions, I was going to find a good modular psu at around 1000watts and go with that. When I was choosing a motherboard things got difficult. I at first wanted to get the msi z97 gaming 5 motherboard (link). This seemed not too expensive and was definitely way better than the board I have now. But then, I realized I wouldn't be able to upgrade to skylake or ddr4 without buying a new board. So, I began to look at the msi z170a gaming m5 (link). This is where I found some trouble. I do not think that the LGA1151 motherboards are backwards compatible with the LGA1150 chips and ddr4 motherboards are not compatible with ddr3 (which are the processor and ram I have). My questions are, should I get the newer motherboard and then also buy a skylake cpu and ddr4? If so, what cpu and ram should I get? Also, should I get a different motherboard than the z170a? I want to make my computer compatible for a while so I don't have to make a ton of major upgrades like I'm doing now. Also, if I get a new processor, should i get a cooler? What cooler should I get? I would prefer air cooled right now, as jumping to liquid cooled would be a bit expensive for me. I don't have a ton of money, but I'm of course willing to save and wait. So, if anyone could let me know what I should do, and what I should buy now or buy later, that would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

As a side note, I live in the United States, if that affects shipping or pricing

2 minutes ago, TheodoreRoosevelt said:

Hi!
This is my first post on here so I'm excited to get some good advice, and feel free to let me know if I should edit or add anything. Essentially, I'm trying to figure out what a good future-proof upgrade to my current pc would be. I have knowledge of components and stuff, but I think people on the internet know more than me. 

My Current Build:

MSI GTX 970 Gaming graphics card:
link

intel i5-4690k procesor w/ stock cooler:
link

asus B85M-G r2.0 motherboard:
link

Evga 500watt psu:
link

2x4gb ddr3 ripjaws ram:
link

WD blue 1tb hdd:
link

bitfenix comrade atx mid tower:
link

Wireless:

none, I run off of wired internet. But I plan on buying a wireless adapter in the future, I don't need one now though

So, that's the build I have. Trust me, I know it's not the best I could have done, especially with the motherboard and such. This is why I want to make some upgrades to it now. I want to upgrade the case, power supply, and motherboard primarily. I want it to be something I can keep for a long time. For the case I really was looking at the Corsair Carbide 400c (link). The reason for this is that I love the look of the case, the magnetic fan covers, and the power supply cover. All of those would help me out a lot (the $99 price point doesnt hurt either). As far as power supplies go I'm open to suggestions, I was going to find a good modular psu at around 1000watts and go with that. When I was choosing a motherboard things got difficult. I at first wanted to get the msi z97 gaming 5 motherboard (link). This seemed not too expensive and was definitely way better than the board I have now. But then, I realized I wouldn't be able to upgrade to skylake or ddr4 without buying a new board. So, I began to look at the msi z170a gaming m5 (link). This is where I found some trouble. I do not think that the LGA1151 motherboards are backwards compatible with the LGA1150 chips and ddr4 motherboards are not compatible with ddr3 (which are the processor and ram I have). My questions are, should I get the newer motherboard and then also buy a skylake cpu and ddr4? If so, what cpu and ram should I get? Also, should I get a different motherboard than the z170a? I want to make my computer compatible for a while so I don't have to make a ton of major upgrades like I'm doing now. Also, if I get a new processor, should i get a cooler? What cooler should I get? I would prefer air cooled right now, as jumping to liquid cooled would be a bit expensive for me. I don't have a ton of money, but I'm of course willing to save and wait. So, if anyone could let me know what I should do, and what I should buy now or buy later, that would be fantastic. Thanks in advance!

As a side note, I live in the United States, if that affects shipping or pricing

Ok, first off, please use PCPartPicker. Second, why a B85 Board with an overclockable chip? You cannot use an LGA 1151 motherboard and a LGA 1150 Chip. If you want this just for gaming, get a cheaper motherboard for Z170, a 6600K, and 8GB of DDR4. Get a Hyper 212 Evo, mostly because the 6600K doesn't have its own cooler bundled.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Just now, pokechat8978 said:

What is your budget?

You won't be able to overclock with B85 boards.

Not very good PSU.

Thank you for asking these questions sir.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Ok so heres what i think you should but(sortof):

650W PSU, you dont need any more for single cards and i dont think you will be in the future either

Z97 motherboard with support for X-fire and SLI and overclocking the 4690K in the future to squeese a bit more preformance out of it

and that case you wanted it pretty nice

also get something like an M.2 SSD or just a 200-500GB SSD something like a Samsung 850 series one

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Skylake doesn't really give much of a performance increace, just upgrade to a Z97 board, and buy an ssd. There is no need to get a 1000w psu... A high quality 550w-650w for one gpu, or a quality 750w if you a looking to sli