Build for a mate

Most of the time I'm on this forum to have fun/help others, but my not so tech savvy asked me to help him get the pats for a budget PC, I have made a pc build on pcpartpicker for what I thought was the best system for the prize. but I'd like it if you guys/girls could take a look and maybe advice me to get some other parts.

1. Budget & Location

The budget is 450-500 euros, and I am in the netherlands.

2. Aim

The system is going to be the main pc for my friend, it is going to be used for regular browsing, but also for gaming, he does not really cares about playing on low settings, but he does want the best he can get for his money.

3. Monitors

The pc will be running on a VGA 1366*768P monitor. It might upgrade to 1080P, but not anywhere soon.

4. Peripherals

The pc build does not need any perifirals, and he also already has a 1TB HDD that he'll be using for this pc, so the budget will not include:

• storage
  • mouse
  • keyboard
  • screen
  • windows

5. Why are you upgrading?

He want to update because he now always works with an 3+ years old laptop, that even at that moment was budget oriented.

6. Extra info

He does not really care about his case, as long as it is black its okay.

Because I am in the Netherlands I have a pcpartpicker with some items that are not on pcpartpicker, but ARE in the Netherlands, for those I have a link to the manufacturers website. 

Here is the pcpartpicker that I created:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XGp6YJ

CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($124.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: R9 980 link to dutch website ($173.98) 
Mobo: B150A-X1 ($89.90)
Ram: Crucial DDR4 4GB*2 ($40.00)
Case: Bitfenix Nova Black ($35.00)
PSU: XFX TS 550W link to dutch site ($40.00)
Total: E530

Edited by matjojo
fixed links to custom parts

Computer's don't make errors. What they do, they do on purpose.

Switch that GPU to a R9 380 and change that PSU to a SeaSonic or XFX 500W. I don't know what range of products you have in the Netherlands but that PSU is a low tier one.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

5 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Switch that GPU to a R9 380 and change that PSU to a SeaSonic or XFX 500W. I don't know what range of products you have in the Netherlands but that PSU is a low tier one.

so I checked some benches, and the 380 indeed as faster and the same prize, thanks a lot. 

I'll also replace the PSU.

21 minutes ago, matjojo said:

Most of the time I'm on this forum to have fun/help others, but my not so tech savvy asked me to help him get

Ya...upgrade that display man, I'ma go with an APU rig, you can throw in a GPU later when you get money, might find a cheap used one, but for now the APU + 1080p display is going to be a lot better overall, can't imagine web browsing on a display like that, the APU here is going to be about on par if not faster than some of those benchmarks

A8 7650K | CS:GO/Dota 2/SC2 benchmarks Tested With 1866Mhz RAM
http://www.technologyx.com/featured/amd-a8-7650k-apu-review-the-little-apu-that-could/4/

A8 7650K | Various AAA titles Tested with 2133Mhz RAM
http://www.anandtech.com/show/9217/the-amd-a8-7650k-apu-review-also-new-testing-methodology/7

PCPartPicker part list: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/zqCT8d
Price breakdown by merchant: http://de.pcpartpicker.com/p/zqCT8d/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD A8-7600 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€84.17 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-DS2 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  (€55.86 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400 Memory  (€49.41 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€51.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case: Zalman ZM-T4 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€30.89 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (€69.90 @ Caseking)
Monitor: ViewSonic VG2233SMH 60Hz 22.0" Monitor  (€155.75 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €497.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-06 12:50 CET+0100

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

5 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Ya...upgrade that display man, I'ma go with an APU rig, you can throw in a GPU later when you get money,

Thanks a lot, might I ask why you would want a 550W PSU when the system actually will use less then 200W?

EDIT: would that CPU come with a cooler?