Looking For GPU Selection help

ArrayInc

I would like to know a good 1080p gpu for gaming that will have DX12 support but also display on a 4k tv (4k tv will only be used for watching videos). Preferably around the price of $240

If your 4k TV has display port than I would go with an AMD 380x for its solid value (compared to GTX 960). Furthermore due to the parallel processing power of AMD cards they actually close the gap on their Nvdia superiors.If the TV only has HDMI you must go with the Maxwell, GTX 900 series (mostly), cards since they have HDMI 2.0. Therefore either save some money to buy a 970 (trashes 390x when OCed) or go with the 380X. 

PS Buying used cards can get you alot more performance for your dollar.

41 minutes ago, Blatcher2 said:

If your 4k TV has display port than I would go with an AMD 380x for its solid value (compared to GTX 960). Furthermore due to the parallel processing power of AMD cards they actually close the gap on their Nvdia superiors.If the TV only has HDMI you must go with the Maxwell, GTX 900 series (mostly), cards since they have HDMI 2.0. Therefore either save some money to buy a 970 (trashes 390x when OCed) or go with the 380X. 

PS Buying used cards can get you alot more performance for your dollar.

My TV only has HDMI so I think I should go for a 900 series card but I am concerned about the used cards itself, whether or not it has been used for bitcoin mining and whatnot. So I went online to search for new and used 970s and am thinking between gigabyte's Windforce card, MSI's Twin Frozr and the ASUS Strix card. The used and new cards barely have any price difference but I feel like the extra amount will ensure that it will work fine. Also, which of the three cards (Windforce, TWIN frozr, strix) would you recommend for no coil whining, silent performance and good overclocking?

2 hours ago, ArrayInc said:

think I should go for a 900 series card but I am concerned about the used cards itself, whether or not it has been used for bitcoin mining and whatnot. So I went online to search for new and used 970s and am thinking between gigabyte's Windforce card, MSI's Twin Frozr and the ASUS Strix card. The used and new cards

I would recommend MSI TwinFrozer since it is quieter than the Gigabyte Windforce but still allows for good overclocking head room. The Asus Strix is the quietest (by a very slim margin) but does not overclock nearly as well as Windforce or Twin Frozer.

Used: $285  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GeForce-4GB-256-Bit-GDDR5-Graphics-Card-GTX-970-GAMING-4G-/151973741479?hash=item23625743a7:g:HqkAAOSwo6lWQXa2

New: $330 ish (New Egg)

I almost bought a 970 about a year ago (even had it in cart) but decided to hold off until 980ti released for 144Hz. I did alot of research on them and found the MSI Gaming 4G to be best all round 970. However I have a Windforce 980ti because it has the best cooling for the price.

1 hour ago, Blatcher2 said:

I would recommend MSI TwinFrozer since it is quieter than the Gigabyte Windforce but still allows for good overclocking head room. The Asus Strix is the quietest (by a very slim margin) but does not overclock nearly as well as Windforce or Twin Frozer.

Used: $285  http://www.ebay.com/itm/MSI-GeForce-4GB-256-Bit-GDDR5-Graphics-Card-GTX-970-GAMING-4G-/151973741479?hash=item23625743a7:g:HqkAAOSwo6lWQXa2

New: $330 ish (New Egg)

I almost bought a 970 about a year ago (even had it in cart) but decided to hold off until 980ti released for 144Hz. I did alot of research on them and found the MSI Gaming 4G to be best all round 970. However I have a Windforce 980ti because it has the best cooling for the price.

Do you recommend waiting for the new Pascal chipsets or just straight up purchasing the 970? There have been rumors and some speculation that the Pascal chipsets will be 10 times better than Maxwell but I am not sure about the price point of Pascal.

I don't think we'll see full size Pascal for 6 months, so I would upgrade now. I expect there will be 50 - 60% improvement in most games. If you want to wait 6  months go for it, but a 970 will destroy 99% of games at 1080p.

17 minutes ago, ArrayInc said:

I see, thanks so much for the help man

Glad I could help brother, have fun with your kick ass graphics card. GPUs are worth the cash for the amazing performance.