I heard that this was a good place to get advice on your pc build! So here goes!

This PC is NOT for gaming! Just thought I'd let you know now.

Things I've already bought:

Corsair Spec-02 ATX Case

2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Ram (1600 Mhz)

Corsair CX600 Power Supply

WD Blue 1TB HDD

Things I'm planning to buy soon:

Intel i5-4690K Processor

MSI Z97 PC Mate Motherboard

Cryorig H7 CPU Cooler

Things I'm planning to upgrade in the future:

120GB Sandisk SSD

Gigabyte GTX 950 2GB

Cheap DVD writer

Cheap Card reader (5.25 inch bay)

2x140 MM LED Fans (My case already comes with 2x120 mm fans but I'd like some larger ones)

Gigabyte Wifi+Bluetooth PCIe card

There ya go! Yes I know it's nothing fancy.

Might I ask what you do plan on using this build for? 

your build looks good but id get the ssd now so then you dont have to migrate/transfer your windows which imo is kidna hard/boring 

Just now, Sionji said:

Might I ask what you do plan on using this build for? 

Homework, very light gaming (That's why I said it's not a gaming pc), lots and lots of programming. Also for playing music and maybe watching some youtube. I'll probably start off with Ubuntu and dual boot Windows when I get it.

1 minute ago, ChevbeeHD said:

your build looks good but id get the ssd now so then you dont have to migrate/transfer your windows which imo is kidna hard/boring 

Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Just now, no one in particular said:

Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

yea and also it will just make your pc a lot quicker if you dont need the mass storage now get the ssd now and the hhd later if your on a budget 

If you aren't going to upgrade this any time soon, the 600w power supply is pretty overkill. You could do with a much cheaper 350w and save some money. Also you might benefit from multiple monitors if you do lots of programming, and especially with a dual boot. Get a cheap graphics card with multiple display outputs for this purpose. 

Edit: Saw the rest of your post. Decent power supply, I've used it it builds before. 

3 minutes ago, ChevbeeHD said:

yea and also it will just make your pc a lot quicker if you dont need the mass storage now get the ssd now and the hhd later if your on a budget 

However I've already got the HDD... So you're too late there

3 minutes ago, Sionji said:

If you aren't going to upgrade this any time soon, the 600w power supply is pretty overkill. You could do with a much cheaper 350w and save some money. Also you might benefit from multiple monitors if you do lots of programming, and especially with a dual boot. Get a cheap graphics card with multiple display outputs for this purpose. 

Edit: Saw the rest of your post. Decent power supply, I've used it it builds before. 

Ok, thanks for the advice.

Go for a larger ssd. I would get the ssd sooner, rather than later. For the sort of work you describe it will provide a better performance boost than almost any other upgrade. You could delay the cpu cooler, using the stock cooler temporarily.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

7 minutes ago, brob said:

Go for a larger ssd. I would get the ssd sooner, rather than later. For the sort of work you describe it will provide a better performance boost than almost any other upgrade. You could delay the cpu cooler, using the stock cooler temporarily.

Alright I'll think about it. What size would you suggest? 240GB good?