It's finely done!

Deusrex

Edit: 2016/02/05: I've added the benchmark screenshot from the Intel XTT. As well as a picture of the original build.

I finely finished my computer build.

here's a link to the images: http://imgur.com/gallery/Y5Vkz/new

That corsair AIO cooler took me way longer to install than I thought it would.

i just realized I can just uploaded pictures here -.-

cl0n9ya.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

P8A9UXR.png?1

Edited by Deusrex

its recommendet to use the PCIE E2 slot for a single graphicscard. (like you did in the first picture) but on the other pictures youre using the slots below. just saying.

clean build tho, the corsair air 540 has so much space:)

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

Yeah I was going to get second 780Ti, but it just never happened, and I haven't gotten around to moved it back.

Also, I don't work for corsair, just sort looks like it was sponsored by them. Not really planed that way.

Nice build, good choice of components. A few suggestions:

- Get rid of ketchup and mustard, possibly cable extensions.

- Cable management is clean enough to not restrict airflow, but just for looks it could be a bit cleaner. Get more of the cable length behind the motherboard tray as there's a bit too much length in the front. Tuck away your cpu fan power cable under the heat sink.

- Maybe get some more metallic red accents in the build or a red LED strip to play off of the red accents on the motherboard, as they look kind of lonely. If you don't like the red maybe you could mask off your motherboard and paint those heat sinks all black.

7 hours ago, adamjp said:

Nice build, good choice of components. A few suggestions:

- Get rid of ketchup and mustard, possibly cable extensions.

- Cable management is clean enough to not restrict airflow, but just for looks it could be a bit cleaner. Get more of the cable length behind the motherboard tray as there's a bit too much length in the front. Tuck away your cpu fan power cable under the heat sink.

- Maybe get some more metallic red accents in the build or a red LED strip to play off of the red accents on the motherboard, as they look kind of lonely. If you don't like the red maybe you could mask off your motherboard and paint those heat sinks all black.

Yeah I was thinking red, or white LED strips around the window. I'm not sure what heat sink you're talking about.

Also what do you think about some black electrical tap and a heat gun to cover up the 24 pin connector?

6 minutes ago, Deusrex said:

Yeah I was thinking red, or white LED strips around the window. I'm not sure what heat sink you're talking about.

Also what do you think about some black electrical tap and a heat gun to cover up the 24 pin connector?

The black and red VRM heat sinks on the motherboard, I didn't know if you wanted to embrace the red in your build or get rid of the red.

I don't know if using a heat gun on electrical tape will work, but as avionics (aircraft electrical) technician, that makes me shudder.

You can order heat shrink sleeving which is designed for that.

1 hour ago, adamjp said:

The black and red VRM heat sinks on the motherboard, I didn't know if you wanted to embrace the red in your build or get rid of the red.

I don't know if using a heat gun on electrical tape will work, but as avionics (aircraft electrical) technician, that makes me shudder.

You can order heat shrink sleeving which is designed for that.

What's the worst that could happen! Lol.

I was thinking about getting a new fully modular power supply anyway and transplanting this one into an old case as an HTPC.

17 hours ago, Minsekt said:

its recommendet to use the PCIE E2 slot for a single graphicscard. (like you did in the first picture) but on the other pictures youre using the slots below. just saying.

clean build tho, the corsair air 540 has so much space:)

Wait, what??

He's using the top slot in all the photos.

Why would you need to use the E2 slot or whatever

Looking for a job

1 hour ago, Commander_Z said:

Wait, what??

he deleted the pictures where the cards is in the wrong slot. the E2 slot is the recommended slot for  a single card configuration of this board since its the only x16 slot. (sure if you want we can start arguing that pcie x8 3.0 does the job just as well, but i was just saying lol)

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

10 hours ago, Deusrex said:

What's the worst that could happen! Lol.

I was thinking about getting a new fully modular power supply anyway and transplanting this one into an old case as an HTPC.

Lol, I went with the EVGA G2 for my build. It's a good, fully modular PSU with all black cables. Also EVGA sells individually sleeved kits if you want to make it look even nicer in the future.

23 hours ago, Commander_Z said:

Wait, what??

If you look at the link in the first post, you'll see the picture that he was talking about. I didn't delete it I posted the photos from my phone, and I just don't have that photo on my phone anymore.

Adamjp, thanks for the suggestion. I'll look at those PSUs.jhvUxC7.jpg