Having issues Deciding

Hello all!

I don't need a laptop as of this moment, however my Dell XPS 12 (2014) has some drawbacks that are starting to annoy me. Mostly issues with not having enough RAM. Only 4GB. I plan to do some light CAD work on this new laptop, along with maybe some gaming (But this capability might not need to happen due to a new living situation, where I'll always have my desktop with me at home). I was considering an Asus UX305, but I worry the Core M3 just isn't enough power to do the things I want. I know AMD was advertising "Console Class" performance in Ultrabooks with the new Polaris architecture, so I think I should wait. Any other thoughts?

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

Be careful with the AMD's advertising, as well as they say it might preform, until you try it you won't know. I've been disappointed numerous times especially with A and FX series that I completely boycotted them. Try going to a store and giving it a go, look at the real life benchmarks ( Games / CAD ) and see how it performs.

About me | Blog 

Just now, Macronus said:

Be careful with the AMD's advertising, as well as they say it might preform, until you try it you won't know. I've been disappointed numerous times especially with A and FX series that I completely boycotted them. Try going to a store and giving it a go, look at the real life benchmarks ( Games / CAD ) and see how it performs.

Well Polaris has yet to release yet, so I will, just in May or June.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock