Logitech z506 speakers configuration issues

So basically I got the speakers and when trying to configure them I noticed some really messed up issues.

So out of the box the rear speakers were very soft. Not audible from where I'm sitting especially since they get over powered by the center speaker, left speaker as well as right speaker. 

I went to Sound from the control panel and right clicked on the speakers to configure them. They were set on Stereo mode which I thought was the problem, but no. I set them to 5.1 surround and when testing them I discovered more problems. Basically when you click test, it plays a sound on each speaker and meanwhile displays which speaker is being played. Well none of them were working correctly. The first speaker that was supposed to play was the front left one. The sound came out from the Center speaker. The right speaker was next which played out one of the rear speakers. The rest of the speakers including the subwoofer didn't play anything even when it said they were on the screen.

I've checked the connections to make sure the speakers were plugged into the right socket and they are. 

I have no idea what to do from here. 

refund?

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!