Question about ASUS PG348Q

FunkyMonkey

Hello! I know the ASUS PG348Q is arriving soon and I have a few questions if any one knows or even owns one yet. I'm deciding between this and the Acer X34. First, I noticed in some photos it has this copper and silver color scheme but then I see other photos with just all grey (Which I would rather prefer). Also, does the ASUS PG348Q come at a stock 100hz or is it at 60hz and then overlooks to 100hz. I know the Acer X34 and ASUS PG348Q aren't that different from each other. I will put photos of both images.

All silver

Asus-PG34Q-1024x522.jpg

Silver and copper

swift-pg348q-front-backshadow.jpg

I went with the ACER and am awaiting its arrival.   There have been issues but ACER has fixed the 2 major ones.  Who knows what issues ASUS has.  Also was able to get the ACER for $1179 with $42 shipping from Provantage.com.   I expect the ASUS to be more expensive and even harder to get.  

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

1 hour ago, techenthused73 said:

I went with the ACER and am awaiting its arrival.   There have been issues but ACER has fixed the 2 major ones.  Who knows what issues ASUS has.  Also was able to get the ACER for $1179 with $42 shipping from Provantage.com.   I expect the ASUS to be more expensive and even harder to get.  

Hello! In your opinion if I have a chance to get this for $900 new should I go for it? I just really want THE perfect monitor that will give me the best experience. I know some games don't support 21:9 resolution which can be a deal breaker. So its either the Acer X34 or the XB271HU (1440p)

The Asus does not come stock 100hz.  It doesn't even gaurantee it.  Preorder prices in Europe are in the $1300 range.

http://www.asus.com/Monitors/PG348Q/

manual:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%20Monitors/PG348/PG348Q_English.pdf

Please note that Over Clocking function/performance depends on the GPUs or contents displayed. ASUS only provides this function. The performance or any side effect after activation is not guaranteed

4 minutes ago, sl4ppy said:

The Asus does not come stock 100hz.  It doesn't even gaurantee it.

http://www.asus.com/Monitors/PG348Q/

manual:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/LCD%20Monitors/PG348/PG348Q_English.pdf

Hey Slappy! I just saw your reply on another post and was reading the official page for the PG348Q. I thought this would be something that could change my astound feelings for the X34 but honestly it isn't doing it for me. Not guaranteed 100hz refresh rate really does take me away from it since I'll have two GTX 980 Ti's which should get me 100 fps if not more on most games. I think now I just have to decide between the X34 and the XB271HU. Thanks for the help, really appreciate it! :)

I am considering this monitor as well.  It states 4 UBS 3.0, but the book only shows 2 under the cover.  Any idea where the other two are?   Along the outside somewhere? 

We do not know if ASUS is using a different version of the panel from LG

Also we do not know if most samples can get to 100hz yet, we need to wait for user reviews

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]

22 hours ago, FunkyMonkey said:

Hello! In your opinion if I have a chance to get this for $900 new should I go for it? I just really want THE perfect monitor that will give me the best experience. I know some games don't support 21:9 resolution which can be a deal breaker. So its either the Acer X34 or the XB271HU (1440p)

$900 is pretty cheap.  Are you sure that you are looking at the g-sync version.  The free sync sounds about right for $900.   G-sync is looking around $1200.

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

• 3 months later...

In february I bought the Acer did 95hz but a lot of bleeding in all four corners, and some plastics were just badly done, didnt have good build quality for product of that price, after bought the Asus, arrived today and in daylight only see the two upper corners with bleeding, going to wait for the night falls. Building qulity much better and prettier but doesnt do more then 60Hz, am I doing something wrong?
Go to the menu and OC, ok, go to the nvidia contyrol panel, put 75hz stays those 10 sec black and return image in 60Hz