msn profile option

Bsmith

Hey guys,

with the transition to a new forum I expected the "msn" option on our profile's to be removed, because (if I'm not mistaken that is) the chat service has been killed a long time ago when microsoft had aquired skype and transitioned everyone to that platform, in order to kill their chat only service.

The site msn.com still exists though, but the chat service as it used to be and to which I relate that option on our profile's, has been gone for

edit:

an other possibility mentioned by @LoGiCalDrm would be changing the name to something more fitting.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Thing is that MSN accounts and newer live accounts work as logins for Microsoft services and Skype. So its still relevant in some sense.

Like I use my msn login to Skype and Windows10.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

26 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Thing is that MSN accounts and newer live accounts work as logins for Microsoft services and Skype. So its still relevant in some sense.

Like I use my msn login to Skype and Windows10.

yes that might be true, but skype has it's own fill in space and the only other service's I can think off are outlook/e-mail and windows login, which use a microsoft account, IIRC all MSN accounts got upgraded/changed to microsoft accounts when they shut down the MSN chat service.

2 minutes ago, Bsmith said:

yes that might be true, but skype has it's own fill in space and the only other service's I can think off are outlook/e-mail and windows login, which use a microsoft account, IIRC all MSN accounts got upgraded/changed to microsoft accounts when they shut down the MSN chat service.

So... change the name? Because accounts do still work. And like I said in previous post, I can use Skype with either Skype name or msn account. And yes, they are linked.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

10 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

So... change the name? Because accounts do still work. And like I said in previous post, I can use Skype with either Skype name or msn account. And yes, they are linked.

hmmm good point yeah, changing the name would also be a valid option, since they are all so fused together anyway.

It's something that will be solved at a later date.

Can we have a myspace box? I think it would suit the MSN one in terms of "Complete obscurity"

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz