A10-7870k Bottleneck

Yes

I had an A8 7600 and it bottlenecked my GTX 760

(my 760 would not go above 68% use in most games e.g BF4)

1 minute ago, MohammedAlattia said:

will the A10-7870k bottleneck a R9 290?

What games are you playing? Games like Tomb Raider, where CPU barely even matters, is different from something like Total War.

Any PSU is modular if you try hard enough....

In some games not so much, in others heavily. 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

In most games yes. I had the 7850k and it bottlenecked an r9 270 in some games. The 270 and 270X is pretty much the upper limit for most games, you could probably get away with a 280/285/280x but it would bottleneck more often.

That said if you have the 290 now and are looking for a cpu on fm2+, go for the 860k and oc it

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

34 minutes ago, xiej said:

What games are you playing? Games like Tomb Raider, where CPU barely even matters, is different from something like Total War.

17 minutes ago, incarnate said:

In most games yes. I had the 7850k and it bottlenecked an r9 270 in some games. The 270 and 270X is pretty much the upper limit for most games, you could probably get away with a 280/285/280x but it would bottleneck more often.

That said if you have the 290 now and are looking for a cpu on fm2+, go for the 860k and oc it

not really, im thinking about getting the 7870k build to start off with then throw in a mid range graphics card for a performance boost after few months since im on a low budget. i dont play any big titles yet because im using a low specs laptop with Intel HD graphics 3000. Barely able to play some games. i play games such as league of legends, dragon nest, Crossfire (z8games), Devil May Cry 5 atm and those are laggin on the lowest settings possible with lower effects mod. I even quit league 5 months ago since my laptop failed me and started getting 20fps on lowest settings. im looking for something that gives me some performance to play those games smoothly and try some good titles such as GTA V, COD BO 1-2-3 ,  Need for speed titles, dirt rally, Star wars battlefront, thief, the crew, metal gear.

im really willing to play on lowest settings, but just so the game runs smoothly, like this 7870k igpu will play league of legends at max settings smoothly while my laptop wont. so that's more than what i need for performance, but i want to put a Discrete graphics card to play big titles also on any settings that will make the game run smoothly :)

i would really appreciate any graphics cards suggestions that won't bottleneck with the 7870k, and will be able to run those titles smoothly at any settings at 1080p

10 minutes ago, MohammedAlattia said:

not really, im thinking about getting the 7870k build to start off with then throw in a mid range graphics

I think an APU is definatly a good choise for you and will allow you to play games at a good frame rate!

The highest I would recommend going would be an R9 280x which will still be bottlenecked in most games but performance will be great.

Another option would be to save up a bit more and buy a Pentium G and H97 board. Along with thwe best GPU you can afford.

1 hour ago, Pearsonia said:

I think an APU is definatly a good choise for you and will allow you to play games at a good frame rate!

The highest I would recommend going would be an R9 280x which will still be bottlenecked in most games but performance will be great.

Another option would be to save up a bit more and buy a Pentium G and H97 board. Along with thwe best GPU you can afford.

its just that i want to play games too bad, i had 2 surgeries in my ear to remove a cholesteatoma and to reconstruct my hearing n im fine now, been off work for 4 months, and im in a powerful Guild in Dragon nest. im doing nest raids and other 8 man party stuff that i cant get in anymore because its so laggy. that's pretty bad for me and my team because im a main dps. 

so, saving is not really an option for me now since i want to get started so bad, will go with the 7870k and see if its enough for me. If its not then i will check websites and reviews about GPU's that would give me the performance i need and see if it bottleneck, or maybe just wait a good time and save enough money to do a bigger upgrade for a cpu+gpu

Edit: im actually playing around with my build on PCpartpicker, i have a 450$ build. i tuned it a bit to a 550$ build which is somewhat good for me to achieve quickly, 

its an athlon x4 860k and a MSI R9 380 4gb GPU. would you consider this a good build ? 

link to it: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/K7jbqs

5 minutes ago, MohammedAlattia said:

its just that i want to play games too bad, i had 2 surgeries in my ear to remove a cholesteatoma and to reconstruct my hearing n im fine now, been off work for 4 months, and im in a powerful Guild in Dragon nest. im doing nest raids and other 8 man party stuff that i cant get in anymore because its so laggy. that's pretty bad for me and my team because im a main dps. 

so, saving is not really an option for me now since i want to get started so bad, will go with the 7870k and see if its enough for me. If its not then i will check websites and reviews about GPU's that would give me the performance i need and see if it bottleneck, or maybe just wait a good time and save enough money to do a bigger upgrade for a cpu+gpu

Sorry to hear that man, at least it's all good now!

You'll definitly be happy with the 7870k in light games (Make sure you get a good CPU cooler so you can overclock the chip like crazy!)

I agree, see how you feel and if it's not quite enough add in a card.

Saving is always a good idea, it can be hard but it sure pays off once you buy somethign you've wanted for ages! :)

1 hour ago, MohammedAlattia said:

Edit: im actually playing around with my build on PCpartpicker, i have a 450$ build. i tuned it a bit to a 550$ build which is somewhat good for me to achieve quickly, 

its an athlon x4 860k and a MSI R9 380 4gb GPU. would you consider this a good build ? 

link to it: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/K7jbqs

Sorry to hear that man, at least it's all good now!
With regards to the build the Athlon will bottleneck and is equivalent to lowend i3.... If you can save for a bit longer and go intel for a pc that will last longer!

If you want a reply PLEASE QUOTE ME!

WE NEED CUSTOM MEMBER TITLES AGAIN!!!!!

Member title post link!