Windows 10 or not

Codymm03

If you have any questions just ask.

I can't think of any reason not to. Your programs even stay installed.

Almost as cool as my temps  

Do it. Keep track of your Windows 7 product key though just in case something happens.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

Do it. Keep track of your Windows 7 product key though just in case something happens.

it is windows ultimate of course i wouldnt

I prefer Windows 7 to Windows 10, and think that Windows 7 has better major features than Windows 10 (which has removed or restricted many important major features like the start-menu, visual customization, updates settings and control, privacy of OS), while Windows 10 has the addition of some minor features that Windows 7 doesn't have.

There are no performance improvements to Windows 10 over 7 apart from a few seconds of boot-up time, and any DirectX 12 application you may run (though Windows 7 is getting Vulkan, which is the DirectX 12 counterpart for non Windows 10 OSes).

At the core of it all, Windows 7 and 10 are mostly the same OS, with different dressings.

I also think that while the Windows 10 update is being offered free, might as well register your Windows 7 license as simultaneously being a Windows 10 license, and always have the option to make use of it whenever you wish in the future.

I would say that the ideal choice is to get the Windows 10 upgrade, and then reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate. Then you'll always have the option to use either in the future.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987