Will there be an i7 6770k or 6790k

Hi all I have tried looking this up but every mention of a 6770k seems to be a misconception and actually be in relation to the 6700k. I am moving to skylake in the next few months and was wondering if there will be a more powerful skylake hitting the market at any point. Any information would be greatly appreciated

just get the 6700K and OC to 4.6 GHz it's almost as fast as a 6 core stock cpu.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

Broadwell-E should be released soon. Basically, there'll be the 6800K and 6850K (hexacore), the 6900K (octacore) and the flagship 6950X (deca-core).

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

Hi all I have tried looking this up but every mention of a 6770k seems to be a misconception and actually be in relation to the 6700k. I am moving to skylake in the next few months and was wondering if there will be a more powerful skylake hitting the market at any point. Any information would be greatly appreciated

No, i think the 6700k is the top tier flagship and will be for a while since Intel first got to release Broadwell-E before they do Skylake-E.

6770K? yea that's the 6700K.

every Skylake chip for the LGA 1151 socket has almost certainly been released. anything more powerful would render the larger CPU's a bit of a moot point unless you NEED dem cores/threads.

Aftermarket 980Ti >= Fury X >= Reference 980Ti > Fury > 980 > 390X > 390 >= 970 380X > 380 >= 960 > 950 >= 370 > 750Ti = 360

"The Orange Box" || CPU: i5 4690k || RAM: Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB || Case: Aerocool DS200 (Orange) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate || Storage: Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB + WD Black 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM750 || Mobo: ASUS Z97-A || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

"Unnamed Form Factor Switch" || CPU: i7 6700K || RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB || Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Mini ITX (White) || Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate (Green Cover) || Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 1TB || PSU: XFX XTR 550W || Mobo: ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming || GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW+

why don't just buy the 5820k since it's cheaper

why don't just buy the 5820k since it's cheaper

Not in australia it's 100 bucks more expensive.

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

Well, there is kaby lake coming out relatively soon, but there should be no skylake refresh.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

God I hope not. Skylake seems like it is what Broadwell should have been, and broadwell is a footnote at this point.

By the end of the year we going to see at least one new intel processor generation if not two, last years pair barely improved upon Haswells performance. 

I think this is a wait and see year if only for the prospects of Zen FX processors, is there really an argument for z170 and Skylake and DDR4 over z97 with devils canyon and DDR3 in terms of performance?

CPU | Intel i9-10850K | GPU | EVGA 3080ti FTW3 HYBRID  | CASE | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX | PSU | Corsair HX850i | RAM | 2x8GB G.skill Trident RGB 3000MHz | MOTHERBOARD | Asus Z490E Strix | STORAGE | Adata XPG 256GB NVME + Adata XPG 1T + WD Blue 1TB + Adata 480GB SSD | COOLING | Evga CLC280 | MONITOR | Acer Predator XB271HU | OS | Windows 10 |

Or get X99 for a decent amount less and overclock that...