Testing PC b4 100% built

Incredaboy59

So in many videos i hear/see that test your stuff out, you can put ur MOBO on the box it came and  hook up a few things b4 you put it all together to save the hassle of finding something wrong then having to take it all apart again to find out what part might be a defect. So my question is there or does someone know of a video that kinda shows it? 

It's not too complicated, you just assemble the pc as you would if it was in the case.  To turn it on you can use a screw driver to jump the pins that the power button would connect to.

my work in progress

i5 6600k  //  16gb g.skill ddr4 3000  //  evga gtx 980

custom water loop

So my question is okay i jump start it all and see okay all turned on ok...how would i turn it off again? lol i just wanna make sure i know exactly what im doing haha

Ok so that part is pretty easy not a problem..now once your down how would i power it off or shut the whole thing down so i can start putting everything in its case?

jump the pins for longer to simulate holding the power button in

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams

jump the pins for longer to simulate holding the power button in

Ah i see so when i jump the pins to start it up i do the same thing again jump the pins but hold it longer and it'll shut off like holding the power button got it thanks.