Gaming headset / real headphone and real mic

Teemo4Life

People say gaming headsets are bad and should get a real headset and real mic.

If so what headphone should I get. My budget is max $100 AU. I would very much prefer if it had a mic.

Getting g430 for $70

Personally I use an afterglow headset, It's about 75$ USD

My ~$200 USD build:

AMD A8-7600    G. Skill Ripjaws Z @1800 CAS 8     EVGA 500w 80+ PSU    Gigabyte GAF2A68HM-DS2H Motherboard

well 100,- is a really tight budget for a headphone/mic combo. but yes, gaming headsets are bad, i agree. the modmic would be a nice microphone and for the headphones, well theres literally nothing good within your budget.

>inb4 ATH m50/x (theyre great but 130ish)

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

well 100,- is a really tight budget for a headphone/mic combo. but yes, gaming headsets are bad, i agree. the modmic would be a nice microphone and for the headphones, well theres literally nothing good within your budget.

>inb4 ATH m50/x (theyre great but 130ish)

Dat from the hangover xD

But gaming headsets are still good. Lots of ppl buy them and have no complaint.

Those headphones ATH ones are $200

Easy... HyperX Cloud Core $65 AUD. Quite literally your best headset option for the price. The HyperX Cloud is a clone of the famed Takstar Pro80 headphone with a detachable mic.

Dat from the hangover xD

But gaming headsets are still good. Lots of ppl buy them and have no complaint.

Those headphones ATH ones are $200

Gaming headsets as a whole are pretty much garbage with the exception of a select few (HyperX Cloud and Senn G4ME One/Zero are about it, the other headsets from Beyerdynamic and AudioTechnica are too overpriced to recommend). A lot are fine with overspending on those cheap headsets(ala Razer, Logitech, Plantronics, Turtle Beach, Triton, Astro, etc. etc.) because they have never heard anything decent (OR the single exception being console compatibility and being able to simply plug and play with said console), much less the far better audio quality from headphones that are cheaper than their prized little MLG pro 420 quikscope 12.1 surround sound headset.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

People say gaming headsets are bad and should get a real headset and real mic.

If so what headphone should I get. My budget is max $100 AU. I would very much prefer if it had a mic.

Getting g430 for $70

I use the Zalman zm-mic1 and it's OK but not great and for headphones I use superlux hd668b which are awesome, especially for the price. 

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

Easy... HyperX Cloud Core $65 AUD. Quite literally your best headset option for the price. The HyperX Cloud is a clone of the famed Takstar Pro80 headphone with a detachable mic.

Gaming headsets as a whole are pretty much garbage with the exception of a select few (HyperX Cloud and Senn G4ME One/Zero are about it, the other headsets from Beyerdynamic and AudioTechnica are too overpriced to recommend). A lot are fine with overspending on those cheap headsets(ala Razer, Logitech, Plantronics, Turtle Beach, Triton, Astro, etc. etc.) because they have never heard anything decent (OR the single exception being console compatibility and being able to simply plug and play with said console), much less the far better audio quality from headphones that are cheaper than their prized little MLG pro 420 quikscope 12.1 surround sound headset.

I was switching between g230 cloud core and now g430

The g430 has way more features and looks better. Mic feature, swivel ear cups, volume, 7.1

The cloud core has no features and the cloud 2 are $60 extra for a dongle..

I use the Zalman zm-mic1 and it's OK but not great and for headphones I use superlux hd668b which are awesome, especially for the price.

Wow everyone loves that headphone. Seems like a legit headphone and its $52 :o

I was switching between g230 cloud core and now g430

The g430 has way more features and looks better. Mic feature, swivel ear cups, volume, 7.1

The cloud core has no features and the cloud 2 are $60 extra for a dongle..

I would never recommend the Cloud 2.... Only the Cloud and Cloud Core. I would go with either of those over those Logitech headsets because it is exactly that, a headphone with a detachable mic... Sound quality is leagues above those 2 gaming headsets that have "features" and "7.1". The Cloud has 7.1 too, go download Razer Surround, voila, you get your same fake 7.1. THIS is what uneducated consumers get caught up in, marketing buzzwords, and it becomes a big issue, we've seen it plenty here on LTT forums with people chanting "This headset does 7.1 so I need this", wrong... 7.1 on headsets is fake and it is simulated, nothing more.

7.1 Headphones? Do you really want it?

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

I would never recommend the Cloud 2.... Only the Cloud and Cloud Core. I would go with either of those over those Logitech headsets because it is exactly that, a headphone with a detachable mic... Sound quality is leagues above those 2 gaming headsets that have "features" and "7.1". The Cloud has 7.1 too, go download Razer Surround, voila, you get your same fake 7.1. THIS is what uneducated consumers get caught up in, marketing buzzwords, and it becomes a big issue, we've seen it plenty here on LTT forums with people chanting "This headset does 7.1 so I need this", wrong... 7.1 on headsets is fake and it is simulated, nothing more.

Ye we all know it's simulated.

Without it u can't hear 360. Only 180.

Hyper X cloud vs g430. Look at the features. Bra the features mean everything don't they xD

G430 has 4 stars on Amazon

Hyper X cloud 1 have 4.5. Seeing the cloud core isn't selling on Amazon only the $100 pair xD