Audio problems (Plz halp)

Sirpz

So ive been using LTT forums to help guide me through the troubles and issues of my first computer build, this should be my last one, unless something decides to crash and burn. I have a turtle beach PX22, i've had it for over 2 years now and used it with my old gaming laptop until I built my new rig. I downloaded the realtek drivers and when I plug my headset into the computer, it gives me the option of what I plugged it, a mic, headphones, line in, or side speaker. this is obviously a problem since I play games that require a mic like CS:GO and ESO, also games that require you to actually have sound. but when I test the mic and when I choose mic in, it doesn't really register, yet the sound of the headphones register when I choose headphones in. it never recognizes i have a headset of some sorts or never gives the option of a mic/headphone duo. help ASAP is much appreciated.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Why do I need that even though I never needed it for my laptop?

cause your laptop has an input set up with 4 pole support so you can use the combined mic/headset jack

look at the jack on the headphones

it has 3 black rings

normal ones have 2

what it means is that there are 4 poles versus 3

headphones have 1 ground and 1 for each side

the 4 pole has 1 ground, 1 for each side, and 1 for mic

cause your laptop has an input set up with 4 pole support so you can use the combined mic/headset jack

look at the jack on the headphones

it has 3 black rings

normal ones have 2

what it means is that there are 4 poles versus 3

headphones have 1 ground and 1 for each side

the 4 pole has 1 ground, 1 for each side, and 1 for mic

much informative, very wow