First build - nothing displays on the monitor

The Pikachu Mafia

So first of all I apologize if this topic has been started before, I didn't really see anything on it within the first couple pages though so hopefully it will be okay.

I just built my first computer last night and everything went decently well (the CPU cooler was tricky to install but that's not why I'm here). However when I went to plug in the computer to our TV (no monitor yet) and attempted to turn it on so it can post, the TV remained blank with a no input signal. Everything turned on fine and lights up, there's no beeps coming from the motherboard, and it seems to be in working order. I just can't get the GPU to output a signal to my TV for whatever reason. It was nearly 2am when I encountered this issue so I just left it alone for the moment and went to sleep. However now I'm going to start troubleshooting it and want to fix the issue. I referred to both the GPU and Motherboard manuals first, but didn't find anything useful in either one, so here I am. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks:

The specs of the system are:

2x 980 ti in SLI (EVGA FTW)

Asus x99-A/3.1 Motherboard

Intel i7 5820k

Have enough power for both of the cards? Whats your PSU

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

Did you plug in the CPU power into the motherboard? Also make sure you are using the topmost GPU for your video output. If none of that works I would also try unplugging one of the graphics cards and trying it again.

Spoiler

i7-6700k OC'd 4.5Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1070 SC

Have enough power for both of the cards? Whats your PSU

I'm using an EVGA 1050w GS PSU. I made sure to also plug in both pins on each card, so hopefully there's enough power for them.

Did you plug in the CPU power into the motherboard? Also make sure you are using the topmost GPU for your video output. If none of that works I would also try unplugging one of the graphics cards and trying it again.

I'm believe that my CPU power is plugged in, I'll go double check just to be sure though and try out your other suggestions, thanks!

Okay so you have plenty of power. Always make sure I remember building late at night and forgetting the 8-pin for the cpu on multiple occasions.

Main Rig:

| 13900K@6.1/4.7 w/TVB | Corsair h150i Elite LCD | Sapphire NITRO SE+ 6900XT@2710MHz | ASUS Z790 Strix-E | Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB@6200MT/s | Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO |

My Folding Stats

consider the possibility that the TV could be set on a different input and not change automatically, although I don't think that's the problem ;D

I'm using an EVGA 1050w GS PSU. I made sure to also plug in both pins on each card, so hopefully there's enough power for them.

I'm believe that my CPU power is plugged in, I'll go double check just to be sure though and try out your other suggestions, thanks!

You said both pins to your card. I would suggest also making sure you have INDIVIDUAL cables for each PCI-E power.Don't use the ones that have 2 connectors off one cable. Not for that power draw anyway, MY cables has 2 x 6+ 2 pin off one cable from the PSU. I have it on my GTX 760 and I still would personally like to have 2 seperate cables.

Spoiler

consider the possibility that the TV could be set on a different input and not change automatically, although I don't think that's the problem ;D

It would be nice if that was the problem, but the TV input is on HDMI 1 which is where my computer is plugged in. :P

You said both pins to your card. I would suggest also making sure you have INDIVIDUAL cables for each PCI-E power.Don't use the ones that have 2 connectors off one cable. Not for that power draw anyway, MY cables has 2 x 6+ 2 pin off one cable from the PSU. I have it on my GTX 760 and I still would personally like to have 2 seperate cables.

Are you talking about two a separate cable for each card (2 cables) or a separate cable per connector per card (for a total of 4 cables)? I currently have a separate cable on each card, but each cable has both an 8-pin and a 6+2-pin for the PCI-e side, so I just used that instead of going for more cables.

Edit: re-reading your post it sounds like 4 cables, I'll go try that then.

It would be nice if that was the problem, but the TV input is on HDMI 1 which is where my computer is plugged in. :P

Are you talking about two a separate cable for each card (2 cables) or a separate cable per connector per card (for a total of 4 cables)? I currently have a separate cable on each card, but each cable has both an 8-pin and a 6+2-pin for the PCI-e side, so I just used that instead of going for more cables.

Edit: re-reading your post it sounds like 4 cables, I'll go try that then.

Yes 4 Cables. 

Spoiler

Still no signal input, however my dad checked the manual and it seems that there's a section on the motherboard which will give you error numbers. First we got a couple errors saying that the RAM was put in wrong, so I swapped the RAM and now it's giving us a 99 q code, which apparently mean super IO initialization.

And of course as soon as I say this it's turned on now. I feel pretty stupid that it was just me putting in the RAM incorrectly. Thank you all very much for helping me out!