Having issues accessing the bios

Hi guys I made my own custom PC which is working fine but the bios does not work. I have nearly tried everything apart from changing the ram as I don't have any other.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte H110M-S2H

When I do get into the bios this happens

: http://imgur.com/xBG97xJ

Also the ram is 2 x 8gb but it is 2666MHzbut I know it would work as it would down clock to 2133MHz. Does anyone maybe know why this bios does not work. This is the second motherboard I have tried and still no bios working.

post-226218-0-82857200-1453564571_thumb.

Hi guys I made my own custom PC which is working fine but the bios does not work. I have nearly tried everything apart from changing the ram as I don't have any other.

Also the ram is 2 x 8gb but it is 2666MHzbut I know it would work as it would down clock to 2133MHz. Does anyone maybe know why this bios does not work. This is the second motherboard I have tried and still no bios working.

Is it booting into windows just fine (or whatever u use) or can't u even get to that because ur unable to get it to boot of off an bootable drive/stick?

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

Is it booting into windows just fine (or whatever u use) or can't u even get to that because ur unable to get it to boot of off an bootable drive/stick?

Yh I can boot into windows just fine and even play my games its just the bios what won't come on properly.

Did you try upgrading the bios?

Yh I can boot into windows just fine and even play my games its just the bios what won't come on proper

U should be able to reset the bios either by taking out the battery (When the PC is off!) or pressing a button for a few seconds also when the PC is off

Spoiler

CPU: R7 5800x -- Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X v2 -- RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury Renegade -- GPU: Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming OC -- Case: Fractal Design North Walnut/Black Mesh -- Storage: 2TB 970 Evo Plus, 4TB NM790 -- PSU: BeQuiet Pure Power 11 Platinum 650w -- Displays: AOC AGON  AG352UCG, Dell Ultrasharp U2715H -- Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 -- Mouse: Corsair M65 -- Keyboard: Func KB 460 MX Blue -- Sound: Motu M2 -> THX 789 -> DT880 600Ω -- Mic: RØDE NT1-A

Spoiler

RIG 2: Intel i5-8400, 16 GB RAM, RTX 2070S

Spoiler

U should be able to reset the bios either by taking out the battery (When the PC is off!) or pressing a button for a few seconds also when the PC is off

Have done. That's what gigabyte said as well. Still no luck

Yes and even that don't work.

Try clicking your cmos button if that helps, hold it down for 10 seconds and it'll restart your bios to default settings

Try clicking your cmos button if that helps, hold it down for 10 seconds and it'll restart your bios to default settings

I don't have a button but I do have where I can put like a screwdriver to it and of will clear CMOS but even treid that also. This is all brand new parts. So could it be something the the ram and also when I boot it I normally connect via the HDMI of the GPU not the onboard graphics but also tried that but no luck.

Are you running off an iGPU or a dedicated? If you have an iGPU try running display off that (connect display to MOBO). If you already are doing that, do you have a spare GPU lying around you can try for dedicated output?

BIOS could also be corrupted, no amount of flashing will fix that. I find it odd that you've tried two boards and had the exact same problem, which is why I would suspect something other than the board.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Are you running off an iGPU or a dedicated? If you have an iGPU try running display off that (connect display to MOBO). If you already are doing that, do you have a spare GPU lying around you can try for dedicated output?

BIOS could also be corrupted, no amount of flashing will fix that. I find it odd that you've tried two boards and had the exact same problem, which is why I would suspect something other than the board.[/quote

I do also think its not the motherboard as everything else works. Also yes Its strange how this is the second one. I use my r9 380 GPU for graphics and also tried the onboard one and still same thing happens. I don't have any spare parts like GPU or ram but I do think its something like that. I will upload another picture of what it looks like before entering bios.

I do also think its not the motherboard as everything else works. Also yes Its strange how this is the second one. I use my r9 380 GPU for graphics and also tried the onboard one and still same thing happens. I don't have any spare parts like GPU or ram but I do think its something like that. I will upload another picture of what it looks like before entering bios.

Do you have a different HDMI/DVI cable you can try? Could be something as stupid as a bad connection. It looks like a graphical error more than anything, although with the digital nature of HDMI cables it's usually a binary broken/works rather than segmented error.

LanSyndicate Build | i5-6600k | ASRock OC Formula | G.Skill 3600MHz | Samsung 850 Evo | MSI R9-290X 8GB Alphacool Block | Enthoo Pro M | XTR Pro 750w | Custom Loop |

Daily | 5960X | X99 Sabertooth | G.Skill 3000MHz | 750 NVMe | 850 Evo | x2 WD Se 2TB | x2 Seagate 3TB | Sapphire R9-290X 8GB | Enthoo Primo | EVGA 1000G2 | Custom Loop |

Game Box | 4690K | Z97i-Plus | G.Skill 2400MHz | x2 840 Evo | GTX 970 shorty | Corsair 250D modded with H105 | EVGA 650w B2 |

Do you have a different HDMI/DVI cable you can try? Could be something as stupid as a bad connection. It looks like a graphical error more than anything, although with the digital nature of HDMI cables it's usually a binary broken/works rather than segmented error.

Did not think of that either

This is what it looks like ish. It loo!s as if the resolution is a bit wrong . I have not tried VGA on board graphics yet either.

post-226218-0-42471100-1453567516_thumb.

This is what it looks like ish. It loo!s as if the resolution is a bit wrong . I have not tried VGA on board graphics yet either.

If you go into Sys information or boot menu -are they functional? if they are, is the same issue present?

If you go into Sys information or boot menu -are they functional? if they are, is the same issue present?

It does let me go into them. Attached images.

post-226218-0-38301700-1453568083_thumb.

post-226218-0-60843400-1453568110_thumb.

It does let me go into them. Attached images.

Well....this is super weird. I Haven't had my hands on a GA board in quite some time, not sure if that green tint around the highlighted parts is intended.

If you attempted a BIOS update it looks like it didn't work. F1 is first release;

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5606#bios

There's 2 CPU microcode updates after F1.

If you've tried the cable swap, and there's no BIOS switch, updating to F3 would be the next thing to try. Unfortunately you may have to do this through the OS, which I would never recommend, but unless they have a flashing utility on the splash screen you don't have any other option.

Well....this is super weird. I Haven't had my hands on a GA board in quite some time, not sure if that green tint around the highlighted parts is intended.

If you attempted a BIOS update it looks like it didn't work. F1 is first release;

If you've tried the cable swap, and there's no BIOS switch, updating to F3 would be the next thing to try. Unfortunately you may have to do this through the OS, which I would never recommend, but unless they have a flashing utility on the splash screen you don't have any other option.

Yes I thought the green is weird as don't think it should look like that and I have not tried to update bios properly yet. I will see what gigabyte reccomend me how to update it via os then.

Hi I have done the f3 bios update and still get everything the same.