Team Fortress 2 Framerate issues on Windows 10/Mac OS X

I've been having massive issues with TF2 just being super super laggy on my computer (dropping to about 40-50fps at its worst) and I have a GPU that i know is more than capable of running tf2 (GTX 970). I've tested on my 1 year old install of windows, a new install of windows, and a new install of Mac OS X El Capitan (hackintosh) and the fps issues seem to be the same on every install i try it on (notably bad on Mac OS where fps was everywhere). Is anybody else having these issues?

Valve is really messing up Team Fortress 2 as of late. It runs abhorrently bad on my laptop (and I mean an average of 15fps on Suijin, at low) and it's not getting any better.

The same thing is happening on my Surface Pro 3 i3 model, it should be able to run just fine on high at at least 1080p but it runs at 15-20 fps on low at like 900p. 

The same thing is happening on my Surface Pro 3 i3 model, it should be able to run just fine on high at at least 1080p but it runs at 15-20 fps on low at like 900p. 

Yeah, TF2 and CSGO's optimization has been in the shitter for months.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Yeah, TF2 and CSGO's optimization has been in the shitter for months.

The thing is, is that it ran fine on my GTX 660 before I upgraded a few weeks ago then I went and tested it and it ran almost maxed for the most part and then I tested it last weekend and it ran just as bad if not worse. 

The thing is, is that it ran fine on my GTX 660 before I upgraded a few weeks ago then I went and tested it and it ran almost maxed for the most part and then I tested it last weekend and it ran just as bad if not worse. 

rip

gj valve, you somehow managed to make one of the easiest games to run one of the hardest

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.