Objective 2 Odac Ohm Question

SacredChili

Hello I am looking at buying this Objective 2 Odac Combo. I am just wondering if this has enough power to fully drive 600 ohm headphones. Was looking at a pair that are rated at 600 ohms and want to make sure they can power them! Thank you!

Sigh. Impedance does not determine whether or not something can be "fully" "driven". What is the headphone, and what is your motherboard?

Sigh. Impedance does not determine whether or not something can be "fully" "driven". What is the headphone, and what is your motherboard?

You are such a trooper. :P I am surprised you haven't just given a "yeah sure" response by now.

Also to OP, unless you are looking for that one to help support Mayflower Electronics, you will most likely have money by getting a Schiit Magni/Modi or get the Massdrop version of the O2+ODAC when it is available.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

You are such a trooper. :P I am surprised you haven't just given a "yeah sure" response by now.

Also to OP, unless you are looking for that one to help support Mayflower Electronics, you will most likely have money by getting a Schiit Magni/Modi or get the Massdrop version of the O2+ODAC when it is available.

In all fairness I think most of the knowledgeable people around here understand that most of these questions are driven by the youtubers/reviewers that talk about DACs/Amps like some kind of magical force (looking at TekSyndicate) that everyone should have.  Although yes sometimes "SUREEEE" seems like an appropriate response.

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1

In all fairness I think most of the knowledgeable people around here understand that most of these questions are driven by the youtubers/reviewers that talk about DACs/Amps like some kind of magical force (looking at TekSyndicate) that everyone should have.  Although yes sometimes "SUREEEE" seems like an appropriate response.

"THIS AMP AND DAC MAKE YOUR HEADPHONE SOUNDS BETTER!!!" 

how?

"I DONT KNOW"

But you can't be an audiopile without more ohmage!

Fact. Which is why my X1s are run more frequently by my onboard Audio, my Surface Pro 4 or my phone than my AI-301. My Teac probably feels like an abandoned step child. Until I feel like annoying the neighbors of course :D

Main Rig:  CPU i5-4670k   MOBO Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   GPU GTX 980ti    RAM 8GB  STORAGE 128GB ADATA(OS)/250GB Samsung 850 EVO(APPS)/3TB WD Red

AUDIO: AMP/DAC TEAC AI-301DA SPEAKERS: Cambridge Audio SX50 Phones: Philips Fidelio X1