[Review] Sony MDR-ZX770BN! Bluetooth headphones i got at 40% the price.

Xenift

Well hey guys it's Xenift here.

Well today is going to be something different for a change, i have recently bought the Sony MDR-ZX770BN headphones.
This are not to be confused with the MDR ZX-770BT headphones. The pair that i have is the one with noise cancelling, removable audio cable as auxiliary and a big difference in sound quality.

PRICE:USD$89

Well you are going to ask me this question: Why are this pairs you got so cheap? They retail for a staggering USD$229!
And before you post that my headphones are fake, i bought them off a reputable retailer that is a front runner for E-Sales in my country. And my country doesn't take fakes lightly. (Singapore)
AMAZON:(http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRZX770BN-Bluetooth-Canceling-Headset/dp/B00TA4HRUI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453125095&sr=8-1&keywords=770bn) , LAZADA(SG) :(http://www.lazada.sg/sony-mdr-zx770bn-over-the-ear-headphones-black-3607574.html)(They went up in price lol).
So to break the information down, i will section it off accordingly by AUDIO, COMFORT and OVERALL.

Audio
These pairs sound great, they are as accurate as you can think of it to be.
They sound crisp, but not too sharp.
They have good bass, but not beats tuned bass.

Comparing the the Shure SE215s that i own personally, i would prefer vocals on the SE215s and digital music on the Sony ones. This might be largely because the Shures that i have lack punch in bass to quite a large extent.

Otherwise, the Sony headphones are accurate and enjoyable to listen to.

As for the noise cancelling, it was okay.
Not extremely good but a good feature to have, since i do not have previous experiences with other noise cancelling headphones i cannot say much.
But they seem to be able to block a good portion of my standing fans which are graded "INDUSTRIAL". (No joke)
The simply felt like ear pads that can be deployed from a press of a button.

Also to add on, the wired and non wired usage of the headphones has minimal difference, but certainly a difference. Would elaborate but not too much of an audiophile to do so.

Comfort
These are really light, no joke. You can easily get 7 hours of usage without tiring out even with the relative small surface area of the top band. Although using them on a bed is uncomfortable and not recommend for all headphones to begin with.

The ear pads are premium, they are soft and genuine leather. They seal relatively well for a pair of headphones and have extremely weak memory foam in it. Much like a broken down hard leather ear pads.

The headbands are easy to retract and adjust and have a clean brushed aluminum skeletal structure to it. So it's definitely not going to be break on me anytime soon. The buttons provided are easy to press, labelled well and the volume up key has a bump in it to signify "up".

The top headband has a harder foam top to it, but sometimes when lying down on my bed i have wished that the band was slightly thicker. But it is fine as it is.

Overall
The headphones scream quality top down and left right. The box included a carrying pouch that is not fantastic due to it being a sleeve. The packaging does it job well but doesn't give you the greatest of un-boxing experience. The pairing of the Bluetooth is simple after several tries. And for the price that i got them at, it is an INSANE of a deal.
Much like buying a 4790k+980Ti rig for the price of a rig with i5-4460+r9 380.

Also they have NFC, but i din't use it so neeaah.

Would i recommend these? YES!

Sorry for not being able to post pictures as i am a potato of a photographer and it's night time right now which would make the images fuzzy as i need to turn the iso up.
But here is a link in which contains the audio i used to test the headphones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYRZvMkJNeg

I see a fellow Lazada customer here... (I use Lazada.com.ph though)

You got them for a really nice price...

Lazada's pricing can get really aggressive and the cash-on-delivery option is really convenient... got a few stuff from them that way...

These were the only pair of "budget" BT headphones I liked, despite not having a 3.5" mm jack. I ended up returning mine. Too lazy to charge them and I own one too many headphones lol.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

• 4 months later...