Any idea when the ROG Swift pg27aq will come out?

The Pikachu Mafia

So the pg27aq is a monitor I've had my eyes on ever since it was announced at CES 2015. As far as I can tell, it's the only monitor right now with 4k @ 60hz on an IPS panel and G-sync bundled into one package, which makes it quite special to me at least. Anyways there was basically no news on this monitor after CES until around October when it was put up on Asus' website with the pg279q. I've also seen tech sites receiving the monitor for reviewing purposes and as a result there's been a slow but steady trickle of information. What we still don't know however is how much it's going to cost and when it's going to actually be released. Now obviously we don't know the minds behind Asus so there's no way I could get a definitive answer; but given my relative lack of experience with tech releases, approximately how far off do you guys think we are from public availability for this monitor? For price I'd assume that it would be in the same general bracket as the pg279q, but probably slightly more expensive. But yeah I have no idea how Asus works with their releases. Will it just suddenly pop up on Amazon one day, or is it more likely that there there will be a press release for an official price and release date? I'm pretty excited for this monitor but have found that there really isn't a lot of official information on it; which is kind of unfortunate. But at the same time it makes me curious to know more about the monitor and see if there was anything that I missed. Thanks in advance for the response!

Edit: I have actually found it on sale in the UK for the equivalent of $784 USD. But that doesn't do me much good as I'm from the US...

This is just weird... A few Finnish retailers have it in stock. Finland is usually the last place anyone allocates freshly-released tech to. Literally the first time I've witnessed anything other than some Nokia of the yesteryear be available here before the US. As far as I can tell, they got those units the week before Christmas so it's been like a month now. 

This leads me to believe, maybe there's some serious hitch. Probably not with the displays but something during shipping or maybe a legal thing. Anyway, maybe Asus or ROG can shed some light to it. 

The UK has it in stock

GPU[Two GTX 980ti Lightnings overclocked]-CPU[Core i7 5930K, 4.4Ghz]-Motherboard[MSI X99 Godlike]-Case[Corsair 780t Black]-RAM[32GB Corsair Dominator 3000Mhz Light bars]-Storage[samsung 950 Pro 512GB, Samsung 850 Pro 1TB and Samsung 850 Pro 512GB]-CPU Cooler[EK Predator 360mm]-PSU[EVGA 1600w T2 Individual cables Red]-Monitor[ASUS PG348Q]-Keyboard[Corsair K70 Red]-Mouse[Corsair M65 RGB]-Headset[sennheiser G4me one]-Case Fans[beQuiet Silent Wings 2]