Alternative Cooling Solutions

Castro3halo

Hey guys, 

I have an old Coolermaster Elite 343 Case lying around and I am planning on putting some old hardware together and passing it onto a friend.

http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mini-tower/elite-343/

url is a link to the case. 

So my issue is that the case only has a 120mm intake and then i have attached a 80mm exhaust as well as a side exhaust on the panel. 

I am unsure if this will be enough cooling for the stock 3570 Intel I5 CPU as well as a 550ti which was a bit of a warm card underload from my experience. 

As a side note I was wondering is there any other additional cooling that you can use 2.5 inch drive bays or 5.25 inch bays or something alternative instead of just fan mounts as this case only has 3. 

Any advice is welcome thanks :)

2 fans is enough for most builds

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

You can circulate the air in side the case until the cows come home but very little cooling will actually happen until the hot air is exhausted. You could install an extra exhaust in the I/O card slots but I don't think that'll make or break anything. Those are annoyingly loud too.You gotta go with what you got. The CPU cooler will do the rest.

That should be plenty of cooling already.

Moved to Air Cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Use side as intake if CPU is using stock cooler. It will be bit toasty but still fine. I had even worse CM Centurio 5 case before current.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv