Opinion about Sound BlasterX G5?

Drag0nsBreath

Hi I want to purchase something to enhance the quality of the sound of my PC especially in terms of gaming. I was looking for Sound Blaster E5 which I heard it is very good but I heard the new Sound BlasterX G5 is specifically for gamers. I want to know what are the differences between the two DAC/AMP-s and which one you experts recommend? It helps if anyone tried those.

Thanks.

Hi I want to purchase something to enhance the quality of the sound of my PC especially in terms of gaming. I was looking for Sound Blaster E5 which I heard it is very good but I heard the new Sound BlasterX G5 is specifically for gamers. I want to know what are the differences between the two DAC/AMP-s and which one you experts recommend? It helps if anyone tried those.

Thanks.

I recommended it to a close friend of mine, albit he has never used anything but on-board audio he did say that he could hear things in songs and in game that he never thought was there or was possible, we are csgo players, and ill tell you this it upgraded his game a lot. :P hope that helps

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

Thank you it helped a bit but I am not clear yet. So you say the Sound BlasterX G5 is better than the E5?

Thank you it helped a bit but I am not clear yet. So you say the Sound BlasterX G5 is better than the E5?

Looking back xD sorry mate, i didn't even say half the things i meant to, i used to use the E5 and recommended the G5 to the friend, when i used them it seemed like the g5 just has more bass and muddys the sound, But if you like bass or play shooters more then g5 is def better for that purpose .

Pc Speck's : i7-6700K 4.0GHz , GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB , 16 GB Corsair Vengance DDR4 - 3400 , ROG SWIFT PG278Q 144Hz , (2) Acer G277HL bid 60Hz.

Thanks a lot, now I think I know more. The way I read the G5 seems to be better for gaming. And I would use only for PC at home. So I think I consider the G5 more.

Thanks a lot, now I think I know more. The way I read the G5 seems to be better for gaming. And I would use only for PC at home. So I think I consider the G5 more.

cool, glad i could help. 

Thank you. Well I want to order the Sound BlasterX G5 but sadly I cannot find anywhere selling it. Not even on amazon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2016 at 11:12 PM, reddemonoverlord said:

cool, glad i could help. 

I have heard that his Sound Blasterx G5 does not last for more than one week or one month. I heard that for many people does not function anymore. Is it true? For your friend it still functions properly?