Window 10 - network dose to work

desertcomputer

For some reason window keep say "The dependency service or group failed" I have found out for some reason some of the services is not started on my PC for example like window defender and some essential network services has either not started and cannot be started even in msconfig. Don't think it a virus as I have scan my computer in safe mode. Restoring is not option as I have just installed OS yesterday and don't want to waste time to re install all my application over again. I have search many options but dose to work. If you guy have any idea would he nice.

Magical Pineapples

Look at services.msc and determine what service is not starting. Look on its properties and find out what dependency service it require. It will give you clues on your issue.

Look at services.msc and determine what service is not starting. Look on its properties and find out what dependency service it require. It will give you clues on your issue.

I have found "base filtering engine" and some automatic service not running but I not able to restart these as it give me error 5 access denied.

edit: have tried using CMD/powershell with administrator. It comes up with system error 5. 

Magical Pineapples

I have found "base filtering engine" and some automatic service not running but I not able to restart these as it give me error 5 access denied.

edit: have tried using CMD/powershell with administrator. It comes up with system error 5. 

Some users reported this solved the issue: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/windowsserver/en-us/d8e59632-fca9-4bbd-b748-881af144706a/access-denied-base-filter-engine (specifically one posted by Nina).

Another results points to: http://blogs.technet.com/b/rspitz/archive/2010/09/19/quot-access-is-denied-quot-when-you-attempt-to-start-the-base-filtering-engine-service-after-upgrading-from-windows-server-2003-to-windows-server-2008-r2.aspx