Noctua 15 and Gigabyte gtx970 g1cant fit on Asus x99-A

VeljkoCG

Am I doing something wrong, does anyone else have this problem?

Considered plugging the card into a lower-down slot on the motherboard?

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

Assuming you're talking the NH-D15, according to their website it looks like it is fully supported with the Asus x99-A.  Maybe get us some pics of how you're trying to set it up?  It shouldn't block the first PCI-E slot from what they've tested apparently.

It's most likely the backplate, using a GPU without one, one with a thinner backplate, or with one that is spaced closer to the PCB would allow you to use them next to each other as you have attempted to do. You'll have to use another slot. Or you can try to return or exchange your NH-D15 for a NH-D15S, the S model is an asymmetrical NH-D15 that allows more clearance between the cooler and GPU's.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

It's most likely the backplate, using a GPU without one, one with a thinner backplate, or with one that is spaced closer to the PCB would allow you to use them next to each other as you have attempted to do. You'll have to use another slot. Or you can try to return or exchange your NH-D15 for a NH-D15S, the S model is an asymmetrical NH-D15 that allows more clearance between the cooler and GPU's.

Assuming you're talking the NH-D15, according to their website it looks like it is fully supported with the Asus x99-A.  Maybe get us some pics of how you're trying to set it up?  It shouldn't block the first PCI-E slot from what they've tested apparently.

Considered plugging the card into a lower-down slot on the motherboard?

I ended up putting the card into slot 3 on asus x99-a, that's what it said in the manual and I dont think there any loss if I do that.