Windows 8.1 USB install. How many GB of space to partition SSD?

Saiyan

I just bought a Windows 8.1 OEM CD/Key and I know how to read from the USB and write to the SSD that I want the O.S to install on but what I'm wondering is how much room should I give my operating system when partitioning it in the setup wizard. I have a 250gb SSD so I don't really mind how much I need to give it really, I'm just asking for suggestions. I read on one site that 30gb is a good size to give it.

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

It's true that it'll install on such small partition but over time it'll bloat bigger and bigger unless you manually keep it in check. Also you'll probably want your software to be on the SSD too. Why not just have the one big partition? at least for now. I mean, you can always make it smaller later on.

I just bought a Windows 8.1 OEM CD/Key and I know how to read from the USB and write to the SSD that I want the O.S to install on but what I'm wondering is how much room should I give my operating system when partitioning it in the setup wizard. I have a 250gb SSD so I don't really mind how much I need to give it really, I'm just asking for suggestions. I read on one site that 30gb is a good size to give it.

just leave it as the full size..250gb is fine

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile