How much has display technology changed?

l__T__l

I can get the HP LP 2475w for $75 AUD, I can also get the Dell 2405 FPW for $65 AUD. Considering these monitors were both over $1000 USD when they launched would they still be relevant today. I'm going to use the monitor for gaming but not competitively so I would prefer good colours and viewing angles.

Are they up to par with current IPS monitors costing around $150 AUD brand new?

Or are they still excellent monitors worth hundreds of dollars and I'm getting an excellent deal?

The question has nothing to do with the title???

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

The question has nothing to do with the title???

sorry, I thought it had enough. Basically has display technology changed fast enough to make these obsolete, can you recommend a more appropriate title?

sorry, I thought it had enough. Basically has display technology changed fast enough to make these obsolete, can you recommend a more appropriate title?

No one cares about how much has technology changed, if you want answers just put "Which monitor should I choose?" or something like that

Leave a like if you breathed oxygen today

The top of the line monitors have seen significant improvement even in the past year. Just because something cost a lot in the past doesn't mean anything in the current time, it just means it was good (or overpriced) for its time or the production costs were a lot higher.

And honestly, that monitor only takes DVI and VGA. No option for DP or HDMI.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

The top of the line monitors have seen significant improvement even in the past year. Just because something cost a lot in the past doesn't mean anything in the current time, it just means it was good (or overpriced) for its time or the production costs were a lot higher.

And honestly, that monitor only takes DVI and VGA. No option for DP or HDMI.

That's fine, i wasn't really expecting them to be outstanding, i still think a 24' 1200p IPS monitor is worth $75 and its nice to know that displays are getting much better.