GPU shutting down randomly

crabcrabcam

I have recently had a problem that my computer would randomly black screen and a fan would spin up super fast. I have fixated the problem to the graphics card. I removed it and gave it a bit of a dust off and the problem went away for a few days but now it's back. Do you guys have any idea how to fix it. My best guess would be overheating or a bad heat detector. I've had the card over 2 years (GTX 650Ti Boost for reference). or is it just time to bite the bullet and get a new card? Thanks in advance for any help!

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

Run a Benchmark and check Temperatures...

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Run a Benchmark and check Temperatures...

It only ran up to 48 degrees and cooled down shortly afterwards. I could try leaving GPUZ in the back ground with log to file on and see if there's a spike after it shuts down right? As the computer is fine afterwards I would be able to see the file when I restart.

Please remember to follow your posts so you get notifications of people replying. If you want to reply to me directly, and I am not the author of the post, quote me.

I think that it's using up too much power. I don't know why it's only just started as I've had it for 2 years. It's using 93% + at high points during games. Nothing else seems too bad, it's stable at 70% during games and nothing appears to be bad but I guess I will see next time it goes black. I guess I should look for the point where fan speed spikes right?